Everything posted by Hamilton Joe
-
Cooper High - Tim Sullivan is the new head coach
If Mike Flynn is interested I think he would be a "No Brainer" but as I have already stated based upon some of their other recent coaching hires I won't expect anything earth shattering.
-
Carroll Co Coach?
Carroll County has done deals as well do they? Hopefully their done deals turn out better then a few of the done deals certain schools I'm aware of have had to suffer thru.
-
Cooper High - Tim Sullivan is the new head coach
I haven't been too impressed with their hires in some of their other sports so it shall be interesting to see what they come up with here..
-
St. Henry Head Coach Resigned today...
:mad:You might want to go back and check my post. I believe I said she was a quality individual as is her father. I did not comment on their abilities to coach. As with all coaches that is open for debate. As for her talent I will give you that her 1st year probably underachieved quite a bit but her team this past season was still pretty young in my opinion and should get better the next couple of years. If Fields gets the job I wouldn't expect much different that what you have gotten the last 2 years. As for bailing on her alma mater, lets face it the public schools pay better and have a much better teacher retirement and if I'm not mistaken she does have a family. If you also go back and review the Cooper thread when the coach was announced I did make a comment that the administration has made a couple of very questionable calls when it comes to Head Coaches for a couple of their sports especially since this is who they a counting on to get their athletic programs off the ground. It should all be very interesting.
-
St. Henry Head Coach Resigned today...
No way on Fields IMO.
-
Dixie's head coach resigned
:confused:Interesting..Limited to only inhouse candidates seems to me to be rather disappointing and quite possibly excludes the potential for a more qualified candidate. Doesn't seem like alot of effort was put into this hiring but again not knowing the coach I'm not trying to criticize him whatsoever. Just the process by which he was chosen.
-
Summer Basketball Shootouts
There seems to be a tremendous amount of these type of events throughout the state but I don't ever read or hear of much in NKY. Anyone know of any of these type of events in the NKY area that would be open to the public for viewing?
-
Dixie's head coach resigned
:thumb:Interesting choice. Does he have any high school experience? What exactly does he bring to the program that would cause the school officials at Dixie to feel he is the right fit? Did they interview anyone from outside? Just curious but would they have hired someone from the Middle School to be the boys coach? I often wonder if the same effort is put forth to hire a girls coach as there is to hire a boys coach.. Best of luck to Coach Elkus and the Lady Colonels this coming year.
-
9th Region 08-09
:thumb:Forgot all about Ryle and I would agree with you, they will definitely be a team to watch next year.
-
9th Region Draw?
I like CCH and Boone to meet in the final. Good luck to all the teams.
-
9th Region 08-09
I think Highlands should be extremely tough in 08/09 along with the usual suspects of NDA, Boone, Conner and NewCath. I look for Holy Cross and St Henry to be very competitive as well as Ludlow who has the Daughtery girl back along with the other 2 tall girls. Alot will depend on their guard play. Dixie has some young girls that depending on how quickly the mature could cause alot problems for some teams. Should be another good year in the 9th Region.
-
Cov Cath 7 Beechwood 6
- Carroll Co Coach?
Not who I had in Mind..- Cov Cath 7 Beechwood 6
- St. Henry Head Coach Resigned today...
:laugh:- Carroll Co Coach?
Carroll Yager is a good man..- Carroll Co Coach?
I have heard that a certain 9th Region coach has at least inquired about this position. Apparently has some 8th region connections and might be looking for a change of scenery.- Seniors Playing Junior Varsity
Sounds like a good rule to me..- Villa Madonna 2008/2009
:cool:Who is Ludlows JV coach? Sounds like he does a good job.- Dixie's head coach resigned
Nothing against the Miller girl as she has a lot of talent but I felt Dixie played more as a team without her this past season.- St. Henry Head Coach Resigned today...
Good to hear. Coach Turner is a quality individual..- St. Henry Head Coach Resigned today...
If she is also going to Cooper to teach I would have to believe she will get a significant pay increase over what she could ever make at St Henry. Based upon the talent that St Henry has coming back for the next couple years this would be a good job for someone to get. As for Cooper this another questionable hire if you were to base it on wins and loses. I don't believe that Coach Turner had a winning record at St Henry nor did the football coach that they recently hired.- Villa Madonna 2008/2009
I would agree with you about Beechwood 1st and Cavary 2nd with Dayton just possibly fighting for that number 2 spot.- Villa Madonna 2008/2009
I think Beechwood and Calvary will be fighting it out for the Div III Titile next year with Villa in the next group that should include themselves, Bellevue and my sleeper next year, Dayton. Under Coach Tom Dilts direction I like the young talent that the Greendevils have coming back next year.- Ohio County loses coach
Tough situation but not one that can't be overcome. In some cases it is for the best and in at least one situation that I have observed the recent hire of this schools new head coach in the opinion of most is definitely a huge upgrade. - Carroll Co Coach?