Everything posted by powerfootball
-
Bell County/Alcoa,TN Updates
J.D. Hilton Fumbles - Officials say Bell Co. retains posession. Alcoa's staff livid... 4 minutes to go. Next play Hilton gets 25 yds.
-
Bell County/Alcoa,TN Updates
Bell Co. 14 Alcoa TN 21 4 Minutes and some change remaining in 2nd QTR. This game is going quickly.
-
Bell County/Alcoa,TN Updates
14 Bell Co 14 Alcoa 10:52 Second QTR
-
Bell County/Alcoa,TN Updates
Can anyone keep us tuned in????
-
Bell County/Alcoa Predictions
Bell Co. is very good, but Alcoa is very very good. Anything can happen on Log Mt. but my gut says Alcoa is probably 21 to 28 better the Bell. Alcoa is on the same Level as some of the great Highlands teams, ect.
-
Whitley County/Lexington Catholic Predictions
Good luck to the school to the South. I will be tuning in friday night. A win at Lex Cath would be the signature win for Coach Black, and would set the tone for what could be a special year. I must warn the Colonel faithful: I watched the Redhounds physically manhandle Lex Cath back in 02, only to get beat in 3 big plays. You can't sleep against the Knights. They can score from anywhere on the field.
-
Watkins receives first offer
Congrats to Caleb. I think this is the first of many more to come for #42.
-
Corbin vs. Eastern Predictions
Who wins and why? I don't know anything about Eastern besides they are very very good. Should be one of the best first round matchups. Go Hounds!
-
Corbin 71 South Laurel 35
Congrats to both teams on a fine season. Corbin administered a full blown beat down tonight.
-
Corbin 71 South Laurel 35
State Bound!!!
-
South Laurel/Corbin Updates
Corbin 52 South 27 End of 3.
-
Corbin 66 South Laurel 58
Anyone have stats?
-
Biggest Turn Around from 07 to 08
13-1 is quite a drop off from 2007 to 2008.
-
Monte Merrick a Hilltopper...
UK will regret this, in my opinion. UK's loss is Westerns gain. At any rate, Congrats to Mr. Merrick on his paid education, may you make the most of it!
-
Class 4A: Bell County 15 Bullitt East 13
Absolutley. Dudley Hilton gets it done when it matters. Always have respected him for that. Congrats on #3.
-
4A: Bell County Bobcats (14-0) vs. Bullitt East Chargers (9-5) Predictions
When Dudley gets here, he normally closes the deal. Bell gets the hardware.
-
Newport Central Catholic 26 Corbin 7
I think what Bubba is getting at has some merit. If you notice, we normally get beaten in the playoffs by teams that are deeper than we are, and beat us by having more fresh legs in the 4th quarter. Like last night, we lacked man-power to carry out our game plan. Our coaches do a great job, and no one can complain about the way our kids were prepared, but I think all coaches, including our own should always look for ways to bring those x factor players, the ones who normally wouldn't play football onto the field. After last night, I'd look up and down the halls on monday trying to find those extra bodies, and try to get more players playing only 1 side of the football. It means so much come December. With that said, congrats Corbin on a fine season, and Good luck next week NCC.
-
5A: Highlands Bluebirds (12-1) at Whitley County Colonels (12-1)
Just as I support the Birds when they float across the river to mingle with neigbors to the north. :thumb:
-
5A: Highlands Bluebirds (12-1) at Whitley County Colonels (12-1)
Though only 10 miles apart, and rivals most of the time, tonight we are in very similar situations, fighting nearly the same battle. We both have to face the giants from the north, and it will take all we have to move on. With that said, while we are cheering on our Redhounds tonight, I know I will also cheering on my neighbors to the south. GO COLONELS!!!
-
Compare Your HS Football Team to NCAA
At least for tomorrow, I hope its: Corbin - Rutgers NewCath- Louisville
-
2A: Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds (12-1) at Corbin Redhounds (13-0)
The Kues kid is a player, I remember him from last season.
-
Corbin 20 Prestonsburg 7
:lol::lol:
-
2A: Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds (12-1) at Corbin Redhounds (13-0)
I'm very content to go into this game an underdog. Our boys gave them a heck of a battle last year at their place, it will be interesting to see how they fair playing at home. I am more wise than to predict a blowout victory for either side.
-
Corbin 20 Prestonsburg 7
NewCath will definitely need it too. Corbin is a hard place to come in and win a football game.
-
2A: Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds (12-1) at Corbin Redhounds (13-0)
To awnser your question, absolutely.