March 8, 201214 yr Author I believe that Boehner spoke out against Rush's statement, but I could be wrong. After Ds asked him to "refudiate" the remarks Spkr Boehner said they were "inappropriate."
March 8, 201214 yr After Ds asked him to "refudiate" the remarks Spkr Boehner said they were "inappropriate."Not good enough? At least he did that much.
March 8, 201214 yr Either it's wrong or it isn't. Which is it in you're guys book? Cry deflection all you want, but either the comments are wrong or they aren't. You can't cherry pick, and that's exactly what's going on. Wrong on both sides of the aisle. And the bait-and-switch defense; while timid and weak, is nonetheless effective. As I'm sure some on here are tickled to death about; this has devolved into more of a Maher thread than a Rush thread.
March 8, 201214 yr Author Not good enough? At least he did that much. Since I don't see the value of "speaking out" against someone else it's more than good enough for me.
March 9, 201214 yr Wrong on both sides of the aisle. And the bait-and-switch defense; while timid and weak, is nonetheless effective. As I'm sure some on here are tickled to death about; this has devolved into more of a Maher thread than a Rush thread. No, it hasn't, but he is equally guilty. I know some would like Maher's comments swept under the carpet, but both should be called out. Both are despicable.
March 9, 201214 yr Both have been called out as despicable. I have yet to see anyone publicly approve of Maher's statements. As I said I could care less about either statement from both guys. Both have said worse. Do people really think that if Obama gave back Maher's one million donation that it would stop Maher from being ale to donate to the campaign? I'm sure they could find a way around the PR nightmare if they both really wanted to.
March 9, 201214 yr Maher made his donation to a Super PAC (you can't donate a million dollars to a candidate). Super PACs are supposed to be "unaffiliated" and "independent," so it would be illegal for Obama to tell them to do something.
March 9, 201214 yr Wrong on both sides of the aisle. And the bait-and-switch defense; while timid and weak, is nonetheless effective. As I'm sure some on here are tickled to death about; this has devolved into more of a Maher thread than a Rush thread. While I'd like to see a rule that says a poster cannot criticize the other party of something if the poster's own party did something similar (he who lives in a glass house is not allowed to throw stones), my guess is that the Ru would not like such a rule because it would eliminate about 95% of the posts in this forum. That would not be good for Ru's business. The simple fact is that when a poster criticizes something about the other party, it's only fair that a poster supporting the other party respond with evidence that the original poster's party did/does the same thing. That's not just human nature, it's completely fair.
March 9, 201214 yr Apparently the musical acts cannot force Rush to not play their songs.As long as they are "getting paid", I don't think they can stop it. I could be wrong, though.
March 9, 201214 yr While I'd like to see a rule that says a poster cannot criticize the other party of something if the poster's own party did something similar (he who lives in a glass house is not allowed to throw stones), my guess is that the Ru would not like such a rule because it would eliminate about 95% of the posts in this forum. That would not be good for Ru's business. The simple fact is that when a poster criticizes something about the other party, it's only fair that a poster supporting the other party respond with evidence that the original poster's party did/does the same thing. That's not just human nature, it's completely fair. Sounds like the American party system at work.
March 9, 201214 yr Author I read that the ads ran on the NYC affiliate that carries the Limbaugh show were almost all PSAs (ie free) and there were times where there was dead air yesterday because of sponsors bailing. That's not good.
March 9, 201214 yr I read that the ads ran on the NYC affiliate that carries the Limbaugh show were almost all PSAs (ie free) and there were times where there was dead air yesterday because of sponsors bailing. That's not good. Depends on one's point of view, I suppose.
March 9, 201214 yr I still can't believe that he had 43 sponsors, let alone could lose that many. How much ad time is there in an hour of programing?
March 9, 201214 yr I still can't believe that he had 43 sponsors, let alone could lose that many. How much ad time is there in an hour of programing? Some might only be on certain days. Plus, there are different levels of ad buys that can be done, whether it's just a sponsor mention during the broadcast all the way up to a full 30- or 60-second commercial.
March 10, 201214 yr Author I still can't believe that he had 43 sponsors, let alone could lose that many. How much ad time is there in an hour of programing? 3 hours.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.