Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight and POY

Featured Replies

:lol: Maybe Bobby Knight has been instructed to not mention UK or Davis, in the hopes of mobilizing the Big Blue Nation to near riot frenzy. :lol: Blog postings, comments, e-mails..... Think of the hits and traffic!

 

No doubt. You respond and Knight wins. He wants people to be in a tizzy. For all his faults, he is a savvy dude. Simply ignore him. Why do you care what he says or believes?

  • Replies 79
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hilarious that you all are getting so worked up over Bobby Knight, when it's obvious he does it to incite UK fans. You act like he's not entitled to an opinion that isn't pro-UK.

I find it hilarious that you all are getting so worked up over Bobby Knight, when it's obvious he does it to incite UK fans. You act like he's not entitled to an opinion that isn't pro-UK.

 

There is a difference between giving an opinion and attempting to incite a fan base.

I find it hilarious that you all are getting so worked up over Bobby Knight, when it's obvious he does it to incite UK fans. You act like he's not entitled to an opinion that isn't pro-UK.

 

This is just what happens when UK fans have to go 5+ days without a game to watch haha!

If I were in charge of hiring analysts for ESPN, my number one criteria would be objectivity. Obviously, this has been has none and they really need to release him. I would love to know if this issue has been discussed with him by leadership at ESPN.

Because Mike and Mike didn't want a chair thrown at them.:D Also they are both gutless and scared to ask him.

 

Bingo! We have a winner.

Everyone who works with Knight, or interviews him, acts as if they're scared to death of him. Vitale and Digger act like he's some kind of mafia godfather, or like the Rat Pack treated Frank Sinatra. They do everything but kiss his butt. And Musberger is even worse.

 

Why ESPN keeps him around is beyond me.

 

Mike and Mike probably thought about asking him why he didn't mention Kentucky, then thought it might not be a good idea.

If I were in charge of hiring analysts for ESPN, my number one criteria would be objectivity. Obviously, this has been has none and they really need to release him. I would love to know if this issue has been discussed with him by leadership at ESPN.

 

He is an opinion guy. Not a reporter. He is paid give his insight on matters.... My goal would be not to let bias get in the way of what my opinion is. That is where he is at fault. Oh, well. Again, just ignore him. I turn off games he is commentating because I think he is terrible, not because of his thoughts (positive or negative) about UK.

During the season he is on Mike's show every Wednesday morning. As we get closer to "March Madness" its gonna be fun watching/hearing him avoid the "K" word. On Matt Jones show they were blasting Bob of course and I don't blame them. Someone mentioned early in the season when he called Coach Cal a "known cheater", but how can ESPN let him comment on basketball and he ignore the Cats?

 

What happens if the Cats go to the final 4 or National Championship game? Something we can watch out for in the future.

 

Colin Cowherd is on I might try and call in and ask why Bob left out the Cats? Do a little "pot strirrin."

No doubt. You respond and Knight wins. He wants people to be in a tizzy. For all his faults, he is a savvy dude. Simply ignore him. Why do you care what he says or believes?

 

My thoughts exactly. Why should anyone care what he says. He hasn't been to a final four since 323 B.C.

During the season he is on Mike's show every Wednesday morning. As we get closer to "March Madness" its gonna be fun watching/hearing him avoid the "K" word. On Matt Jones show they were blasting Bob of course and I don't blame them. Someone mentioned early in the season when he called Coach Cal a "known cheater", but how can ESPN let him comment on basketball and he ignore the Cats?

 

What happens if the Cats go to the final 4 or National Championship game? Something we can watch out for in the future.

 

Colin Cowherd is on I might try and call in and ask why Bob left out the Cats? Do a little "pot strirrin."

 

If UK makes it to the FF, Bad Bobby will probably opt out at that point as an analyst for the tournament. Too much Kentucky hatred.

Ok, I got thru and the producer asked me what I wanted to talk about and I told him "On Mike & Mike show Coach Knight doesn't like to mentioned Kentucky and shows a huge disrespect to the team. I'd like to get Colin's imput on this issue". he said "OK, I'll pass your comment onto Colin". The show is on for another hour and half, but I might not be able to watch all of it.

^He just spent a segment talking about it....Kinda criticized and defended Knight at the same time.

This is just what happens when UK fans have to go 5+ days without a game to watch haha!

 

This is true...you guys are like lions in a zoo...you have to throw an injured sheep over the fence occasionally.

I found the audio. I didn't hear him list 5 teams.

 

Bob Knight, CBB - ESPN

 

I can't tell from the beginning of the audio if that was the first time Bob spoke or were they coming back from a break.

It was the first time he spoke, I listened all morning.

They went to a break and came back and Colin said, Gonna talk about Bob Knight and how he feels about Kentucky. He actually did a long segment and I'll try to relay. "To be fair to Bob he just doesn't like Coach Cal. There is some history there. I have been the biggest ESPN critic of Bob than anyone when he was coaching. Kentucky fans need to relax you are very good and will be a #1 seed. Bob might have just forgot to mention them (no way). If you could combine the two coaches and give them a little bit of each other you would have a great Coach".

 

He really didn't address much on the fact Bob not mentioning the Cats but more on Bob and his coaching past. But he did smile a few times.

 

He also said he had gotten several emails and texts from the Cat fans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.