Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bob Knight and POY

Featured Replies

I also wondered why they didnt challenge him on his answer. It does seem odd you dont mention the # 1 team.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Mike and Mike didn't want a chair thrown at them.:D Also they are both gutless and scared to ask him.

I would love to see a tape of the behind the scenes conversation the producers had with Mike and Mike before Bobby Knight was on the air. Wouldn't be suprised at all if they told them not to mention Kentucky when Knight left them out of the conversation.

I don't have a problem with him leaving UK out. Maybe he thinks their youth is a problem. Doesn't really matter. The issue is that apparently neither Mike challenged him on it. If 99% are saying UK is a legit championship team then you have to ask why they weren't included.

 

They've been the number 1 team in the country for much of the season. I would venture to guess that youth or not, this alone would make them at least in consideration for favorite to win the whole thing, but then again, I'm not a big time ESPN analsyst.

I listened to the Mike and Mike interview. That is being unfair if you did not listen and portraying that he left out UK from his top 5 (and I loathe Knight). Greenie asked about Syracuse earlier in the segment. He then asked what specific traits do all teams share. He answered with the obvious, "ability to score against multiple defenses", "rebound", "not give up a lot of points" etc. Knight said Syracuse going back to his earlier comments exhibits a lot of those traits. That was the only mention of any teams and was not a ranking of anything.

They've been the number 1 team in the country for much of the season. I would venture to guess that youth or not, this alone would make them at least in consideration for favorite to win the whole thing, but then again, I'm not a big time ESPN analsyst.

 

You can really tell how much he hates the Cats because he doesn't even take the opportunity to say why he doesn't think they will win. By completing not even addressing them, you can tell he has personal issues and its sad for him.

 

I listened to the Mike and Mike interview. That is being unfair if you did not listen and portraying that he left out UK from his top 5 (and I loathe Knight). Greenie asked about Syracuse earlier in the segment. He then asked what specific traits do all teams share. He answered with the obvious, "ability to score against multiple defenses", "rebound", "not give up a lot of points" etc. Knight said Syracuse going back to his earlier comments exhibits a lot of those traits. That was the only mention of any teams and was not a ranking of anything.

 

Sounds a lot like another team I know pretty well.

^ I stand corrected in reading the Doyel article . He must have been on for an additional segment :lol: Yeah, Knight sucks.

 

And it is funny because I thought back to the other thread and I was paying close attention to see if UK was mentioned. It was not in the 7:20-:7:27 segment I heard, but again, he must have hung around after the break?

I found the audio. I didn't hear him list 5 teams.

 

Bob Knight, CBB - ESPN

 

I can't tell from the beginning of the audio if that was the first time Bob spoke or were they coming back from a break.

In that case I stand corrected about standing corrected.

Is there a website you can complain to ESPN about this?

 

 

Sounds a lot like another team I know pretty well.

 

That is what really caught my attention because I kept wondering if he would list Kentucky, but he really did not list any team, just referenced back to a point about Syracuse.

:lol: Maybe Bobby Knight has been instructed to not mention UK or Davis, in the hopes of mobilizing the Big Blue Nation to near riot frenzy. :lol: Blog postings, comments, e-mails..... Think of the hits and traffic!

He's a sad, strange little man. He has my pity.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.