Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Draw

Featured Replies

JA, We have that already, It is called the Fieldhouse. I know you love that place because you have worked many games there.:ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

 

I truly did love working there. Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful people and usually pretty good games. BUT, Maysville is not in the geographic center of the region.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JA, We have that already, It is called the Fieldhouse. I know you love that place because you have worked many games there.:ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

 

There is no way by looking at a map that Maysville is the geographic center of the 10th region. The center is somewhere near Cynthiana.

Its not just the distance, its more the time and day that they are played. They would be better to play them Friday and Sat.

 

Agreed weekdays are tough with work and school but even the great Fieldhouse had early games on school nights. It has been an effort for GRC and Montgomery fans to get to early games there for 40+ years. I for one would just assume to have it every year at the BOK, the closest thing to a neutral court and I don't mind the drive over better roads.

Agreed weekdays are tough with work and school but even the great Fieldhouse had early games on school nights. It has been an effort for GRC and Montgomery fans to get to early games there for 40+ years. I for one would just assume to have it every year at the BOK, the closest thing to a neutral court and I don't mind the drive over better roads.

BOK has no atmosphere at all. Great venue but unless they can figure out a way for fans to buy tickets in an area where their team's fans are then I think this a is a bust too. Surely they can but so far have not.

There is no way by looking at a map that Maysville is the geographic center of the 10th region. The center is somewhere near Cynthiana.

 

 

If I did it correctly, the center is Mt. Olivet. If you draw lines from the northernmost school (Scott) to the southernmost (Montgomery), and then to the eastern (Mason), it makes a triangle. The center of that triangle, or close anyway, would be Mt. Olivet. I guess Devilman and the gang better build a 7000 seat arena for us!

If I did it correctly, the center is Mt. Olivet. If you draw lines from the northernmost school (Scott) to the southernmost (Montgomery), and then to the eastern (Mason), it makes a triangle. The center of that triangle, or close anyway, would be Mt. Olivet. I guess Devilman and the gang better build a 7000 seat arena for us!

 

The final solution!

BOK has no atmosphere at all. Great venue but unless they can figure out a way for fans to buy tickets in an area where their team's fans are then I think this a is a bust too. Surely they can but so far have not.

 

Are you serious???? At the Fieldhouse, you have Mason fans that think they have a right to the seat they sit in during the season, and won't move for that teams fans to sit. Their cheering section would not move to the visitors side when they were the visiting team. As the host school, Mason's adm should have seen that this was done....and they did not. At least at the BOK and Montgomery Co it is ran fair for all teams.

Are you serious???? At the Fieldhouse, you have Mason fans that think they have a right to the seat they sit in during the season, and won't move for that teams fans to sit. Their cheering section would not move to the visitors side when they were the visiting team. As the host school, Mason's adm should have seen that this was done....and they did not. At least at the BOK and Montgomery Co it is ran fair for all teams.

 

 

:lol:

ok, which part of Goldie's statement is funny? I don't ever recall seeing Mason sit on the visitors side.

Are you serious???? At the Fieldhouse, you have Mason fans that think they have a right to the seat they sit in during the season, and won't move for that teams fans to sit. Their cheering section would not move to the visitors side when they were the visiting team. As the host school, Mason's adm should have seen that this was done....and they did not. At least at the BOK and Montgomery Co it is ran fair for all teams.

 

I'm very much pro-Fieldhouse & would personally like to see the region there every year. I understand why others want it the way it is now & that's fine. But I have to admit that the seating issue is something Mason County should address.

I have been to Fieldhouse a dozen or so times in my life and have never had a seat number on my ticket. I always assumed it was first come first served basis?

BOK has no atmosphere at all. Great venue but unless they can figure out a way for fans to buy tickets in an area where their team's fans are then I think this a is a bust too. Surely they can but so far have not.

 

So let me get this correct at the BOK fans should sit with their teams fans, at Montgomery it is the same, but at the Fieldhouse Mason fans should sit where they want and then the rest of us sit with our fans in what is left of our section. Now I understand. Between this and the geography lessons I have read today I understand.

My 2 cents worth. I read in threads all the time about a team being picked over another team because of their home court advantage in that particular game. Look at most college teams and their home court record compared to their away record. Not even close, home court wins are way ahead of wins on the road. Home court advantage is a very real thing. I love the Fieldhouse, but I as well have talked about Mason having home court advantage in the region since back in the 1970's. Mason has had more than their fair share of playing the region, on there home court for many, many years. Montgomery is getting their turn at home court advantage since the new gym has been built. These are the only 2 schools in the 10th that get that luxury. Even if games are played at BOK for Campbell, Scott, Brossart, and even Pendleton to have a local venue. They do not get the same home court advantage that Mason and Montgomery get. It does take away home court for Mason and Montgomery though. I'll be making the 85 mile hike everyday of the tournament. It's 50 miles to Mason, so it's a trip no matter where it is, except BOK for us NKY folks. There really wasn't an option for many years, now there is. We need to except the change and make the best of it. See you in Mt. Sterling, and I'll be happy to be there.

I understand what you are saying. I have made MANY trips to Mason Co for the tourney, and went when it was at the BOK. This year it will be nice to only have a 20 minute drive instead of 1 to 2 hours. Rotate it ...the fair way for everyone.

I know Clark will bring a big crowd to the tourney we always do, dosn't matter where it is. What about the other schools?

Are you serious? For a school with their enrollment they bring very few. Has been like that for years. Granted they will turnout for the finals. But who wouldn't. I've seen their cheering section with less than 20 in it before. But I'm sure your going to use the long drive as the excuse. For their size Augusta and Deming will have nice followings.I know their much smaller so hard to compare. But, they will probably have a better percentage of their enrollment there than GRC. But you would never admitted to that because you would never give small schools like them any credit.

[/b]

Are you serious? For a school with their enrollment they bring very few. Has been like that for years. Granted they will turnout for the finals. But who wouldn't. I've seen their cheering section with less than 20 in it before. But I'm sure your going to use the long drive as the excuse. For their size Augusta and Deming will have nice followings.I know their much smaller so hard to compare. But, they will probably have a better percentage of their enrollment there than GRC. But you would never admitted to that because you would never give small schools like them any credit.

 

What is your point? That there wont be enough seating for the students of Augusta/Deming? If its hard to compare, why bother with this post?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.