Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Draw

Featured Replies

What is your point? That there wont be enough seating for the students of Augusta/Deming? If its hard to compare, why bother with this post?

 

My point was I disagree with GoldSunrise comment about Clark bringing big crowds. Never said anything about seating being a problem.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRC always does bring a big crowd for the regional tournies. Would love to hear what year that you saw GRC only bring 20 students. 1970?

GRC always does bring a big crowd for the regional tournies. Would love to hear what year that you saw GRC only bring 20 students. 1970?

 

How about mid 2000s. I remember people commenting on the low turnout. Maybe they did in 1970 as well. Couldn't help you with that one as I was not born yet. :)

[/b]

Are you serious? For a school with their enrollment they bring very few. Has been like that for years. Granted they will turnout for the finals. But who wouldn't. I've seen their cheering section with less than 20 in it before. But I'm sure your going to use the long drive as the excuse. For their size Augusta and Deming will have nice followings.I know their much smaller so hard to compare. But, they will probably have a better percentage of their enrollment there than GRC. But you would never admitted to that because you would never give small schools like them any credit.

 

They'll be bringing the entire town with them.

[/b]

Are you serious? For a school with their enrollment they bring very few. Has been like that for years. Granted they will turnout for the finals. But who wouldn't. I've seen their cheering section with less than 20 in it before. But I'm sure your going to use the long drive as the excuse. For their size Augusta and Deming will have nice followings.I know their much smaller so hard to compare. But, they will probably have a better percentage of their enrollment there than GRC. But you would never admitted to that because you would never give small schools like them any credit.

 

First, I will be the first to give a small school credit. I graduated from one. Enrollement of 180 grades 1-12. 23 in my graduating class. So I do understand the small schools. My post was no knock on them. When I refered to GRC having large crowds, I didn't just mean the cheering section. We have a big following of very loyal "older" group....myself included. Long drives don't bother this group...we carpool....biggrin.gif

[/b]

Are you serious? For a school with their enrollment they bring very few. Has been like that for years. Granted they will turnout for the finals. But who wouldn't. I've seen their cheering section with less than 20 in it before. But I'm sure your going to use the long drive as the excuse. For their size Augusta and Deming will have nice followings.I know their much smaller so hard to compare. But, they will probably have a better percentage of their enrollment there than GRC. But you would never admitted to that because you would never give small schools like them any credit.

 

Student cheering sections you might be right but GRC has a nice size and very active non student following that brings a nice crowd to a lot of away games. For example the GRC crowd was larger than the Bourbon crowd which was playing at home in the first round of the district. In the Ashland Invitational earlier this year the GRC crowd was at least as large in not larger than the crowd for the host school, Ashland, and that road trip was 150+ mile round trip.

All I know is Schools, Referees, Players and most fans love playing at the Fieldhouse. Basically any team in the Region can get there in a hour or so and the only problem is where the fans sit? I agree that if Mason draws visitors that Mason should sit on the other side. Remember, it was not Mason fans but the tournament managers making that decision. I bet they never asked the fans.

Now are there any doubts as to why tenth region basketball is the best! The fans warm up and go at it days before the first ball is thrown up! I LOVE IT!

 

GO CARDS! :banana::taz:

:clap::ylsuper:

All I know is Schools, Referees, Players and most fans love playing at the Fieldhouse. Basically any team in the Region can get there in a hour or so and the only problem is where the fans sit? I agree that if Mason draws visitors that Mason should sit on the other side. Remember, it was not Mason fans but the tournament managers making that decision. I bet they never asked the fans.

 

Not the only problem as there are other issues. Such as 40+ years of home court advantage and now there are viable options, parking, restrooms, and the always very hot gym are some other issues. And to be fair some of these issues such as parking may be a problem at Montgomery with only one weather dampened tournament with a smaller than usual crowd in the past to compare to and an unseasonably warm winter may make that gym an oven also.

The only fair site for a regional tournament is a netural site. The only netural site ever used in the 10th region was the Nothern University gym. That site is just too far for teams such as Montgomery ,Clark and other teams in the eastern and southern part of the region. The discussion can go on and on but I can't see a change in the rotation of the tournament. Two of our districts will always vote Mason Co , one district will always vote Montgomery Co and the other will always vote Northern Ky and I don't blame any of them. That's the way it will always be. Agree?

All I know is Schools, Referees, Players and most fans love playing at the Fieldhouse. Basically any team in the Region can get there in a hour or so and the only problem is where the fans sit? I agree that if Mason draws visitors that Mason should sit on the other side. Remember, it was not Mason fans but the tournament managers making that decision. I bet they never asked the fans.

 

Which was Mason Co Adm. as they were the host. How many years had they hosted it...40? With that much experience of hosting the regional tourney,no excuse for such poor management.

 

The only fair site for a regional tournament is a netural site. The only netural site ever used in the 10th region was the Nothern University gym. That site is just too far for teams such as Montgomery ,Clark and other teams in the eastern and southern part of the region. The discussion can go on and on but I can't see a change in the rotation of the tournament. Two of our districts will always vote Mason Co , one district will always vote Montgomery Co and the other will always vote Northern Ky and I don't blame any of them. That's the way it will always be. Agree?

Agree.

The only fair site for a regional tournament is a netural site. The only netural site ever used in the 10th region was the Nothern University gym. That site is just too far for teams such as Montgomery ,Clark and other teams in the eastern and southern part of the region. The discussion can go on and on but I can't see a change in the rotation of the tournament. Two of our districts will always vote Mason Co , one district will always vote Montgomery Co and the other will always vote Northern Ky and I don't blame any of them. That's the way it will always be. Agree?

 

The current rotation, which I hope continues as is, is the fairest solution to all and the best we can hope for until that dreaded word realignment comes into play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.