Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Draw

Featured Replies

I'll only say this one more time because nobody is listening or they're too biased to see the truth. Mason Co. is essentially the geographic middle of the 10th region. They have a large enough facility to house the crowds, plenty of food and hotel resources should you desire and years of experience handling everything tournament related. I'd add something about revenues but unfortunately I don't have that data but that should be taken into account as well because I would guess when it's in Montgomery Co. & Bank of Kentucky the revenues are negatively impacted as well. Let's just admit it was a nice experiment but for the sake of the kids and fans let's move it to Mason and leave it there.

,

The Mason County fans have grown up with always having the tournament. They can not understand how anyone would want it to be elsewhere. Clark and Montgomery fans have been driviing over 100 mles round trip to late night ballgames over small country roads for 40+ years. The roads run both ways. The Fieldhouse was a fine facility in its day, but that day has come and gone. The place is always hot, parking unless you arrive hours early is horrible, the restrooms are dumps, the seating of the fans is designed to bolster the home court advantage and the pop corn is not all that great. We have been down this road a hundred times. It is only FAIR to rotate. Mt. Sterlling has numerous restaurants from Cracker Barrel, chain restauratants, nice local restaurants, and enough hotels for those who want to stay. The revenue is probably greater at Mason but the regional is to determine the representative to the Sweet Sixteen and not a fundraiser for smaller schools. And before anyone says it again we all know that Mason has proven they can win it at all the venues. I will say this one more time, Mason and their supporters are too biased to admit that it is not their destiny to always host the 10th Regional Tournament and it is time to rotate.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not overly complaining about the location. Part of the charm of HS sports is seeing different venues and towns. It just seems like the late game so far away on a school night is a bit much. Friday night or all day Saturday would have been much more desireable, especially for the first round games.

I agree. Mason County is a great place for the tournament, but why should they always have home court advantage? It is not a fundraiser for the schools, it is to see who is the best team in the region. It should not matter how much money each school makes. We have great facilities to use throughout the region now. As far as home court advantage, The Bank of Kentucky Center at NKU is the most neutral site. The "Field House" is a special place, but the days of them holding the tournament every year is in the past.

,

The Mason County fans have grown up with always having the tournament. They can not understand how anyone would want it to be elsewhere. Clark and Montgomery fans have been driviing over 100 mles round trip to late night ballgames over small country roads for 40+ years. The roads run both ways. The Fieldhouse was a fine facility in its day, but that day has come and gone. The place is always hot, parking unless you arrive hours early is horrible, the restrooms are dumps, the seating of the fans is designed to bolster the home court advantage and the pop corn is not all that great. We have been down this road a hundred times. It is only FAIR to rotate. Mt. Sterlling has numerous restaurants from Cracker Barrel, chain restauratants, nice local restaurants, and enough hotels for those who want to stay. The revenue is probably greater at Mason but the regional is to determine the representative to the Sweet Sixteen and not a fundraiser for smaller schools. And before anyone says it again we all know that Mason has proven they can win it at all the venues. I will say this one more time, Mason and their supporters are too biased to admit that it is not their destiny to always host the 10th Regional Tournament and it is time to rotate.

I'm a fan of the 10th but I'll stay in NKY and watch the games at BOK. Just too far to go this year.

I'm a fan of the 10th but I'll stay in NKY and watch the games at BOK. Just too far to go this year.

 

I understand what you are saying. I have made MANY trips to Mason Co for the tourney, and went when it was at the BOK. This year it will be nice to only have a 20 minute drive instead of 1 to 2 hours. Rotate it ...the fair way for everyone.

 

I know Clark will bring a big crowd to the tourney we always do, dosn't matter where it is. What about the other schools?

I understand what you are saying. I have made MANY trips to Mason Co for the tourney, and went when it was at the BOK. This year it will be nice to only have a 20 minute drive instead of 1 to 2 hours. Rotate it ...the fair way for everyone.

 

I know Clark will bring a big crowd to the tourney we always do, dosn't matter where it is. What about the other schools?

 

Amen! We will actually be able to be home in time to see the sports on the local news. I guess they cover the games, only had one other chance in 40+ years to check.

I understand what you are saying. I have made MANY trips to Mason Co for the tourney, and went when it was at the BOK. This year it will be nice to only have a 20 minute drive instead of 1 to 2 hours. Rotate it ...the fair way for everyone.

 

I know Clark will bring a big crowd to the tourney we always do, dosn't matter where it is. What about the other schools?

 

Honestly, I don't look for huge crowds from Pendleton, Scott, Augusta, Campbell, or Deming. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I'll keep an eye out for you goldie. I'll be helping out for the entire tournament. Heck, I might even bring you an ice cold Ale-8!

Honestly, I don't look for huge crowds from Pendleton, Scott, Augusta, Campbell, or Deming. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I'll keep an eye out for you goldie. I'll be helping out for the entire tournament. Heck, I might even bring you an ice cold Ale-8!

 

Mason Co hasn't had big crowds away either lately. On the Ale-8...thanks but I rather have a big cup of coffee.....biggrin.gif

Well it will be hard to drive from NKY for 2hrs for a 7:30pm game on Thursday night, and not get back home till around 12

and work the next day.

I do not see what is difficult about this, really. The region tournament should be held at the most centrally located facility that can hold it. To make Montgomery and Clark drive to the BOK is not fair and in that same vein it is not fair to ask Scott to drive to Montgomery County for a 7:30 ball game. Do what's best for all schools collectively and not just two or three schools. The most centrally located spot that has the facilites to hold the region would be where? There is the answer, in my opinion.

I do not see what is difficult about this, really. The region tournament should be held at the most centrally located facility that can hold it. To make Montgomery and Clark drive to the BOK is not fair and in that same vein it is not fair to ask Scott to drive to Montgomery County for a 7:30 ball game. Do what's best for all schools collectively and not just two or three schools. The most centrally located spot that has the facilites to hold the region would be where? There is the answer, in my opinion.

 

When I win the lottery, one of the first things I'm going to do is build a gym in the center of the 10th region. If my geography skills are any good, I'm gussing this would be somewhere close to the Harrison, Nicholas, Bourbon County lines. I'll just put it in Millersburg for good measure.

:D

When I win the lottery, one of the first things I'm going to do is build a gym in the center of the 10th region. If my geography skills are any good, I'm gussing this would be somewhere close to the Harrison, Nicholas, Bourbon County lines. I'll just put it in Millersburg for good measure.

:D

 

That would be the perfect scenario! We need you to win the lottery soon! Haha. :clap: I think Cynthiana/Paris would be a great location for that large of a gym.

Its not just the distance, its more the time and day that they are played. They would be better to play them Friday and Sat.

That would be the perfect scenario! We need you to win the lottery soon! Haha. :clap: I think Cynthiana/Paris would be a great location for that large of a gym.

 

I heard once upon a time that the Harrison Co. Middle School gym was going to be built big enough to host a regional tournament but the HC Board of Ed. didn't approve a gym "that big." This would have been in the late 70's.

When I win the lottery, one of the first things I'm going to do is build a gym in the center of the 10th region. If my geography skills are any good, I'm gussing this would be somewhere close to the Harrison, Nicholas, Bourbon County lines. I'll just put it in Millersburg for good measure.

:D

 

JA, We have that already, It is called the Fieldhouse. I know you love that place because you have worked many games there.:ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.