Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2012-2013 Roster

Featured Replies

MKG is a guaranteed top 10 pick this year. No chance of him staying.

 

Barnes and Sullinger were guaranteed top 3 or 4 picks if not likely to go 1 and 2 overall.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barnes and Sullinger were guaranteed top 3 or 4 picks if not likely to go 1 and 2 overall.

I think the lockout played a large part in their decisions.

Is MKG a for sure 1 and done? His talent and game says no, but he seems like the kind of kid that may want another year under Cal. I haven't read anything like that, just judging from how he seems off and on the court.

 

He is tight with World Wide Wes isn't he? He calls LeBron lafamilia.....MKG is out....

I think the lockout played a large part in their decisions.

 

Maybe, but did anyone really believe there wouldn't be an NBA season? I didn't, I felt confident the NBA would not lose out on a bunch of money by wasting a year after one of their best seasons in recent memory.

 

He is tight with World Wide Wes isn't he? He calls LeBron lafamilia.....MKG is out....
Maybe so, unless WWW thinks it is better for him to stay.
Maybe, but did anyone really believe there wouldn't be an NBA season? I didn't, I felt confident the NBA would not lose out on a bunch of money by wasting a year after one of their best seasons in recent memory.

 

Maybe so, unless WWW thinks it is better for him to stay.

 

 

Come on Cats....you know WWW can't make any money with MKG in school. Well, not as much anyways.

Come on Cats....you know WWW can't make any money with MKG in school. Well, not as much anyways.

 

But WWW makes more money of MKG becomes even more of a star. If MKG worked on his offensive game, earned the #1 pick and looked like a consensus future all-star in all his scabbed knee hustling glory wouldn't that make more money for Wes in the end as MKG's market value would be higher?

I highly doubt MKG comes back. He can see what it has done to Jones draft stock as of now.

But WWW makes more money of MKG becomes even more of a star. If MKG worked on his offensive game, earned the #1 pick and looked like a consensus future all-star in all his scabbed knee hustling glory wouldn't that make more money for Wes in the end as MKG's market value would be higher?

 

Yeah, but I have a hard time believing anyone in the MKG camp advises him to come back.

I highly doubt MKG comes back. He can see what it has done to Jones draft stock as of now.

 

Jones has hurt his draft stock all by himself. His stock should have risen this year because of the increased talent he was working with.

Long way to go. Jones still has not shown a reliable jumper and solid right hand. Lamb is a shooter and late first rounder at best. They may want to go to the draft but it may not be the wisest move for them.

MKG & Davis are solid top 10 picks maybe top 5...

I feel pretty certain UK will lose the following: Davis, Jones, MKG, Lamb. We know the Cats will lose Miller & Vargas. While I believe Teague wants to go, I ultimately think he stays. That leaves a returning cast of Teague, Wiltjer, Harrow, Hood, Beckham, Polson. Thus far, you have an incoming group consisting of Poythress, Goodwin, & Cauley. That's a decent 8. I think Cal will add at least two more. One of those will be either Amile Jefferson or Anthony Bennett. Then there's obviously Shabazz. I think we're in good shape to land him, but I've always felt he'd stay on the west coast.

 

Without Shabazz, I think the lineup looks like this:

 

Teague

Goodwin

Poythress

Jefferson/Bennett

Wiltjer

 

Harrow

Cauley

Hood

Beckham

Polson

Some other lower-tier recruit

 

With Shabazz, I think it looks like this:

 

Teague

Shabazz

Goodwin

Poythress

Wiltjer

 

Jefferson/Bennett

Harrow

Cauley

Hood

Beckham

Polson

Perhaps some lower-tier recruit

 

With Shabazz, this team could be very good. Without him, they're ho-hum.

 

Regarding UK/UL next year, it's UL's best shot since Cal arrived in Lexington. Cats will be loaded in 2013-14.

 

In addition, IU is going to be very good next season. May likely make it two in a row over the Cats...if there is a game at all.

What about the big shot blocker that UK was hot on? I think his name was Nerlins Noel or something like that?

What about the big shot blocker that UK was hot on? I think his name was Nerlins Noel or something like that?

 

Also 2013...

  • Author
I feel pretty certain UK will lose the following: Davis, Jones, MKG, Lamb. We know the Cats will lose Miller & Vargas. While I believe Teague wants to go, I ultimately think he stays. That leaves a returning cast of Teague, Wiltjer, Harrow, Hood, Beckham, Polson. Thus far, you have an incoming group consisting of Poythress, Goodwin, & Cauley. That's a decent 8. I think Cal will add at least two more. One of those will be either Amile Jefferson or Anthony Bennett. Then there's obviously Shabazz. I think we're in good shape to land him, but I've always felt he'd stay on the west coast.

 

Without Shabazz, I think the lineup looks like this:

 

Teague

Goodwin

Poythress

Jefferson/Bennett

Wiltjer

 

Harrow

Cauley

Hood

Beckham

Polson

Some other lower-tier recruit

 

With Shabazz, I think it looks like this:

 

Teague

Shabazz

Goodwin

Poythress

Wiltjer

 

Jefferson/Bennett

Harrow

Cauley

Hood

Beckham

Polson

Perhaps some lower-tier recruit

 

With Shabazz, this team could be very good. Without him, they're ho-hum.

 

Regarding UK/UL next year, it's UL's best shot since Cal arrived in Lexington. Cats will be loaded in 2013-14.

 

In addition, IU is going to be very good next season. May likely make it two in a row over the Cats...if there is a game at all.

 

 

Why will the Cats be loaded in 2013-2014? I'm sure we'll see a bunch of departures every year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.