Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2012-2013 Roster

Featured Replies

Dont' know, but I don't remember anyone saying they would be loaded 2 years down the road either.

 

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here when GT stated that a number of 2011 recruits wanted to go to UK. We knew Gilchrist was in the bag & we had some strong leads with numerous other players.

 

For 2013, Cal is strong with several of the top ten players. I might go so far as to say it'll be his biggest recruiting coup ever.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance Shabazz is a late decision? Maybe waiting to see what Teague does? If Teague stays, I don't think we get Shabazz...but I'm a nobody in the recruiting world.

 

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Bazz will likely decide late, but Teague has zero impact on it...

Any chance Shabazz is a late decision? Maybe waiting to see what Teague does? If Teague stays, I don't think we get Shabazz...but I'm a nobody in the recruiting world.

 

I'm pretty sure he's stated he'll sign in the Spring.

Kentucky will still be in good shape next year. Possibility of making another big run if they can land both Bazz and Bennett. Even with just one of the two it would help but Bazz is key. Goodwin and especially Poythress are going to be better than most people realize. This years class is front loaded with talented bigs and not a lot of wing guys up top, when the dust settles on this recruiting season it would not surprise me to see Poythress and/or Goodwin as top 10 recruits. They will be no worst than top 15, both McD's AA's, etc. You add a Shabazz Muhammad or Anthony Bennett with a couple guys like that, then mix them with a couple returning guys like Wiltjer, Harrow, etc. you are still going to be pretty competetive.

 

You are overvaluing Bennet quite a bit. Great athlete, but a long way to go as a basketball player. He doesn't have the handle to play the 3 or the post game to play inside. I think it will take a year or two for him to become a solid player at the college level at best...

Experts also liked Cal's position with several of the top recruits.

 

At the early stages Davis was a complete unknown and Teague wasn't even being recruited by UK. He didn't land they guys the experts thought he would early, but it turned out pretty well...

^ I was thinking at one point, people thought Gilchrist, Quincy Miller, Tony Wroten, & maybe Lacey? Nash? Daniels?

^ I was thinking at one point, people thought Gilchrist, Quincy Miller, Tony Wroten, & maybe Lacey? Nash? Daniels?

 

There were a ton of names and Gillie was the only one he landed from the early coverage. Davis, Mook and Wiltjer weren't even on the radar at that point...

In Cal We Trust.

You are overvaluing Bennet quite a bit. Great athlete, but a long way to go as a basketball player. He doesn't have the handle to play the 3 or the post game to play inside. I think it will take a year or two for him to become a solid player at the college level at best...

 

You don't think he could score good minutes on a Kentucky team next year that is more than likely going to be thin inside? I could easily see him being a rotation guy and getting 10-15 minutes easy just for his rebounding and athleticism. The way Cal usually plays 4 guys out one in he could come in immediately and get some minutes at the 4 spot, I could see him getting about the same run that Wiltjer is this year.

 

Reason I think he would be an added bonus to next years class is that he would give them something they don't already have. Goodwin is going to come in and score the ball, we know that. Poythress is going to rebound, play defense, get the ball to the rim and score, etc. If Kentucky can get Bazz on board, then he will be on the wing to do whatever else is needed. Bennett wouldn't have to come in and be one of the main guys, he would just have to come in and be a bruiser and pull boards, I could easily see him doing that. If Kentucky ends up with Muhammad, they wouldn't need Bennett's scoring so any thing he did on the offensive end would just be a bonus. I'm just saying I like the look of a Kentucky five of Harrow, Goodwin, Bazz, Bennett, and Wiltjer/Poythress/Cauley/etc. running up and down the floor and getting in transition. I just like Bennett because of the athleticism he brings for his size. Undersized to ever really be like a 4 man in the NBA, but in college and in the dribble drive I think I like what Cal could get out of Bennett as a 4 man. Bennett definitely wouldn't be a make or break prospect on his own, but he Kentucky could get him I really think he adds more positives than negatives too the team. As beefy and bulky as he is, I could see him being an animal on the inside as long as there are weapons out on the perimeter.

 

Personally I think if Amile Jefferson commits then theres no way Kentucky would take Bennett but at this point I would much rather have Bennett although Jefferson would perhaps be an even better fit for that 4 spot in the DDM.

Exactly how I feel.

 

Agree. His track record speaks volumes. I am sure Cal would get a few laughs out of reading this thread.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.