Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2012-2013 Roster

Featured Replies

Why will the Cats be loaded in 2013-2014? I'm sure we'll see a bunch of departures every year.

 

The same reason the Cats have been loaded the past three years probably...

  • Replies 70
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
The same reason the Cats have been loaded the past three years probably...

 

 

How many commits do they have for 2013?

How many commits do they have for 2013?

How many commits did they have this time two years ago?

  • Author
How many commits did they have this time two years ago?

 

 

Dont' know, but I don't remember anyone saying they would be loaded 2 years down the road either.

I'll save you the time...zero. As is the case with the class of 2012, however they already have the #2 class, and I'm guessing they're going to land Shabazz moving them past Arizona. Believe it or not, Calipari knows what he's doing. Do I know who UK will have in 2013? No. Would I put money on them being a top 10 team that is most likely better than UL? Absolutely.

Dont' know, but I don't remember anyone saying they would be loaded 2 years down the road either.

Really? I remember everyone saying that that class would end up being Cal's best.

  • Author
Really? I remember everyone saying that that class would end up being Cal's best.

 

 

How did they say that class would be the best if he didn't have any commits yet?

Remember that at some point the NBA is going to make a decision on one-and-done.

  • Author
Remember that at some point the NBA is going to make a decision on one-and-done.

 

 

That sometime being when? Two weeks, months, or years?

How did they say that class would be the best if he didn't have any commits yet?

MKG was practically a guarantee the entire time, I believe. Experts also liked Cal's position with several of the top recruits. The same could be said about the Class of 2013. I know Matt Jones isn't exactly a recruiting sage, but he said he expects that class to top the class of 2011. Apparently Cal is in pretty deep with the Harrison twins as well as the trio of Parker, Randle, and Noel. He'll probably pull in only one of those three, but even with that, those three would make a Top 3 class. I'm sure he'll pull in a couple more as well. It's more of a when and not if for Calipari at UK...

That sometime being when? Two weeks, months, or years?

I heard somewhere it wouldn't be for another 10 years... Not sure if that's accurate.

  • Author
MKG was practically a guarantee the entire time, I believe. Experts also liked Cal's position with several of the top recruits. The same could be said about the Class of 2013. I know Matt Jones isn't exactly a recruiting sage, but he said he expects that class to top the class of 2011. Apparently Cal is in pretty deep with the Harrison twins as well as the trio of Parker, Randle, and Noel. He'll probably pull in only one of those three, but even with that, those three would make a Top 3 class. I'm sure he'll pull in a couple more as well. It's more of a when and not if for Calipari at UK...

 

 

He obviously brings in great talent ever year, but you've got to retain a couple of them for a couple of years at some point or time IMO.

He obviously brings in great talent ever year, but you've got to retain a couple of them for a couple of years at some point or time IMO.

I can see where you're coming from, and I think that's what he does. He finds a very good recruit (Wiltjer,Cauley,possibly Teague) to go along with the elite guys each year. That way, each year he'll have one or two solid "veterans" to go along with the rookie superstars. Next year they'll have Harrow, Wiltjer, and Lamb/Teague returning with lots of big time experience to go along with the new guys.

Any chance Shabazz is a late decision? Maybe waiting to see what Teague does? If Teague stays, I don't think we get Shabazz...but I'm a nobody in the recruiting world.

Kentucky will still be in good shape next year. Possibility of making another big run if they can land both Bazz and Bennett. Even with just one of the two it would help but Bazz is key. Goodwin and especially Poythress are going to be better than most people realize. This years class is front loaded with talented bigs and not a lot of wing guys up top, when the dust settles on this recruiting season it would not surprise me to see Poythress and/or Goodwin as top 10 recruits. They will be no worst than top 15, both McD's AA's, etc. You add a Shabazz Muhammad or Anthony Bennett with a couple guys like that, then mix them with a couple returning guys like Wiltjer, Harrow, etc. you are still going to be pretty competetive.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.