November 4, 201114 yr Fascinating how much of a one-way street this argument seems to be going down. Guess it's out of the realm of possibility for the player in question to go elsewhere and get noticed. It has nothing to do with that. I don't think any UK fan would wish him ill will if he leaves. The UK fans on this board think that it is wrong for his Dad to insist on his transfer if he doesn't get enough playing time. Go back and read it and see if anyone is against him leaving for his own good.
November 4, 201114 yr I know Poole is Jones' best friend on the team. Wonder if it will affect his play at all for a little.
November 4, 201114 yr And Jones just tweeted that him and Stacey are in their room about to watch a movie....
November 4, 201114 yr The early stuff certainly made it sound like he wanted to stay and dad wanted him elsewhere. I definitely won't have any ill wishes for him either way, and I don't think UK is the only place he can get noticed. But, Calipari's track record at UK is undeniable, even if it is short, and the opportunity for playing time is coming for Poole over the next two years. Scouts are going to get a good look at every UK player that sees the court because there are going to be multiple prospects on the team.
November 4, 201114 yr What a mess. Honestly Dad needs to stay out of it and let his son decide what he feels is best for him.
November 4, 201114 yr All pulled off of KSR... His father also said that he advised his son to sit out the UK/Transy exhibition: “I just wanted him to step away. He just needed to take a breather, then see how he felt. I told him to do that; it’s all on me,” Poole Sr. said. “And he mentioned some things to me when he watched the exhibition game. He said, ‘Dad, I can play out there. Are you telling me you think I can’t? I know I can.’ OK, good. So maybe he’s just been pressing too hard lately. But I need to see his confidence back.” Poole Sr. said his son is a “Big Blue junky” who may be leaning towards staying now. More “Will he or won’t he” updates as they come.
November 4, 201114 yr What a mess. Honestly Dad needs to stay out of it and let his son decide what he feels is best for him. I think that is what is going to happen after their face-to-face conversation this weekend. And then we will see Deuce stay on the squad.
November 4, 201114 yr What the worst thing that could happen if he says? He gets a 4 year Degree from UK and never makes it to the pros? It's not like his dad is trying to hold him back from a terrible decision that would ruin his life.
November 4, 201114 yr What the worst thing that could happen if he says? He gets a 4 year Degree from UK and never makes it to the pros? It's not like his dad is trying to hold him back from a terrible decision that would ruin his life. Exactly! Which I am not sure how next years class is shaping up. However it doesn't seem like next years class will be quite as talented as this year. Not to mention guys who play the same position he does, will be gone after this year in Miller and KG. So he may not get the playing time he wants right now. However there is a chance to get that next year if he stays.
November 4, 201114 yr I think they are headed to the mall to get the black and pink Lebron's from the House of Hoops.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.