Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stacey Poole Transferring?

Featured Replies

Really surprised there hasn't been any mention of this on here. This was blowing up on the web last night. Sounds like Poole may be looking to move on elsewhere.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've read it appears to be his father pushing for this.

Who could blame him?

^ From that link...

 

“in love with UK basketball, but at the end of the day, you need to be on the floor. You’re not part of UK basketball if you never step on the floor. What he doesn’t see, I may have to see it for him. He may have a little too much blue in his eyes.”

 

“I want to look in his eyes and see what’s what,” he said. “At the end of the day, I’m going to make the call. He’s 20, but he’s still a kid. Four years from now, he can blame his father if it doesn’t work out.”

If Stacy wants to transfer then I wish him well.

 

If Stacy's dad wants him to transfer and Stacy wants to stay then dad needs to back off.

 

20 is still a kid to me also but if the kid is happy with his situation then so be it. Sounds like dad is sad he can't watch his kid play.

If his dad just wants him to see him on the floor, go watch practice. Watching UK's practice has got to be better than watching him start at Clemson or South Carolina (his other two schools he considered before he commit).

If Stacy wants to transfer then I wish him well.

 

If Stacy's dad wants him to transfer and Stacy wants to stay then dad needs to back off.

 

20 is still a kid to me also but if the kid is happy with his situation then so be it. Sounds like dad is sad he can't watch his kid play.

 

Totally agree.

 

Watching the Blue/White game revealed to me that Poole has the talent & athleticism to see significant minutes...at least at some point. He just has to refine his basketball skills.

I know nothing of this kid, but even if he's 20, if Dad's paying the bills, Dad should have the final say in where he goes to school.

  • Author
I know nothing of this kid, but even if he's 20, if Dad's paying the bills, Dad should have the final say in where he goes to school.

 

He's on a full ride....University of Kentucky is paying the bills.

It's possible that his dad is taking the heat off his son, too. I'm not saying that's the case, but I could see a dad doing that to protect his child - I'd do that for my son in a heartbeat.

He's on a full ride....University of Kentucky is paying the bills.

 

So Dad pays nothing...no food, no fun money, no car payment, no clothes, no nothing? I repeat...if Dad's paying the bills, Dad should have the final say where he goes to school.

I know nothing of this kid, but even if he's 20, if Dad's paying the bills, Dad should have the final say in where he goes to school.
Would you rather have your child happy and enjoying school or unhappy and hating every minute of being somewhere they didn't want to be?
Would you rather have your child happy and enjoying school or unhappy and hating every minute of being somewhere they didn't want to be?

 

I actually made one of my children leave school because they were having too much fun, and weren't unhappy enough. :lol: And to be fair to the Dad, he said he wants to talk to his son face to face and look into his eyes. He also said that the kid can blame Dad later. At least he's not even pretending that there's any other reason than becasue he said so. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.