Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stacey Poole Transferring?

Featured Replies

So Dad pays nothing...no food, no fun money, no car payment, no clothes, no nothing? I repeat...if Dad's paying the bills, Dad should have the final say where he goes to school.

Dad did. He let him go to UK. So, let him grow up. I hope he stays.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Stacey Poole gets to make the decision whether it means he stays or goes. Assuming he has improved and developed and continues to do so, he ought to have a real shot at serious playing time next season. I'm assuming Gilchrist is one-and-done and, of course, Miller graduates, so there will be an opportunity at the 3.

 

I hope he stays.

This.

For the record, I hope what the kid wants is what his dad allows. But I absolutely support the father's right to make the decision.

For the record, I hope what the kid wants is what his dad allows. But I absolutely support the father's right to make the decision.

 

He's going to college for free. The least he could do is let him pick where he wants to play.

So you guys would have been happy if Darius Miller's dad got his way in Cal's 1st year???

 

Here is one that would not have been, I have always been a fan of Darius . But I also like Brian and it is really hard to believe that he was pushing Darius to transfer .

Here is one that would not have been, I have always been a fan of Darius . But I also like Brian and it is really hard to believe that he was pushing Darius to transfer .

 

He was exploring options during Cal's first year. I know of two programs he called directly to gauge their interest level...

For the record, I hope what the kid wants is what his dad allows. But I absolutely support the father's right to make the decision.

 

Even though the kids accomplishments and work are what earned him the full tuition scholarship? Even if he is in good academic standing and progressing towards a degree? Even though Daddy won't be out any more or less money no matter where he goes as long as he is on a full ride? You'd make your son transfer simply over playing time, even though he was happy with the situation? I could understand it if he was flunking or it was going to cost more to send him to a college and you couldn't afford the difference but over playing time? That is just ridiculous as long as the kid is okay with the playing time situation.

For the record, I hope what the kid wants is what his dad allows. But I absolutely support the father's right to make the decision.
Says the parent. :D

Wasn't with the team last night. I know his dad is supposed to be making the trip this weekend but early indication is he is gone. I know he may have been sitting out just in case he decided to transfer in the end but him not playing last night doesn't look good.

He was exploring options during Cal's first year. I know of two programs he called directly to gauge their interest level...

 

I'm not taking a side, but I think it is worth noting the difference in their situations. Miller came to UK under a different coach. I doubt it is that unusual for a move to be considered when a coaching change is made during your career.

 

What I don't like is the idea of the father making the choice for the young men, whether it is what they want or not.

Wasn't with the team last night. I know his dad is supposed to be making the trip this weekend but early indication is he is gone. I know he may have been sitting out just in case he decided to transfer in the end but him not playing last night doesn't look good.

 

I didn't take it that way at all. It sounded to me like Calipari is trying to do right by Poole and give him some time to make his decision. In the meantime, him playing in a game means the loss of a semester of eligibility. I think it is the right decision to hold him out until he makes his decision so he can keep his full eligibility in case he leaves. If he doesn't, I think he'll be welcomed back into the fold.

 

I think he'll stay unless his dad overrides the process and forces him to leave.

 

In my honest opinion, staying at UK would be the best move for him if he wants a shot at the next level. Look at what Calipari has done in that regard. It doesn't matter if it's a one-and-done freshman or a senior, he gets guys drafted. The opportunity to play significant minutes and contribute is going to be there over the next two years. Heck, even if it only happens in his senior year, look at Liggins and Harrelson. If he puts the work in and improves, staying in Lexington is his best chance to get to the NBA. I suspect that is the father's motivation.

Says the parent. :D

I'm a parent and I say it is the kids choice now. UK needs him too.

I for one am hoping Poole stays, an opportunity could present its self at any time and I think the young man can contribute.

Here is one that would not have been, I have always been a fan of Darius . But I also like Brian and it is really hard to believe that he was pushing Darius to transfer .

 

"Pushing" might not be the right word but he wasn't stopping it if Darius wanted to go. He was active in the looking process.

Fascinating how much of a one-way street this argument seems to be going down. Guess it's out of the realm of possibility for the player in question to go elsewhere and get noticed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.