October 24, 201114 yr With this being Coach Cal's third year and with all the talent that he has had in the last two years and failing to win a National Championship, the Wildcats are pre-season #2 and according to many have to be a favorite to win the National Championship this year. If Coach Cal fails to win a National Championship this year, will the AD and Big Blue Nation start calling for Cal's head. :idunno:
October 24, 201114 yr With this being Coach Cal's third year and with all the talent that he has had in the last two years and failing to win a National Championship, the Wildcats are pre-season #2 and according to many have to be a favorite to win the National Championship this year. If Coach Cal fails to win a National Championship this year, will the AD and Big Blue Nation start calling for Cal's head. :idunno: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is the most hilarious thread I have seen in a long time. Cal can coach at UK as long as he wants.
October 24, 201114 yr With this being Coach Cal's third year and with all the talent that he has had in the last two years and failing to win a National Championship, the Wildcats are pre-season #2 and according to many have to be a favorite to win the National Championship this year. If Coach Cal fails to win a National Championship this year, will the AD and Big Blue Nation start calling for Cal's head. :idunno: "Are you high?" Just kidding. Agree with VOR, Calipari stays until Calipari wants to leave.
October 24, 201114 yr With this being Coach Cal's third year and with all the talent that he has had in the last two years and failing to win a National Championship, the Wildcats are pre-season #2 and according to many have to be a favorite to win the National Championship this year. If Coach Cal fails to win a National Championship this year, will the AD and Big Blue Nation start calling for Cal's head. :idunno: There would be no shame in losing to the Tarheels this year.
October 24, 201114 yr Cal leaves the program only if...... a.) He bolts for an NBA job b.) Something bad happens and the school ends up getting in trouble c.) He retires from coaching college basketball Caliprai has put Kentucky basketball back on the map, he's made an Elite 8 and a Final 4 in his first two years and he has this team as the pre season #2 behind quite possibly one of the most talented teams of all time. I mean this Kentucky team is one of the most talented college teams of all time and is still the second most talented. Calipari is at Kentucky as long as he wants to be at Kentucky and any other assumption is crazy at this point.
October 24, 201114 yr Cal leaves the program only if...... a.) He bolts for an NBA job b.) Something bad happens and the school ends up getting in troublec.) He retires from coaching college basketball Caliprai has put Kentucky basketball back on the map, he's made an Elite 8 and a Final 4 in his first two years and he has this team as the pre season #2 behind quite possibly one of the most talented teams of all time. I mean this Kentucky team is one of the most talented college teams of all time and is still the second most talented. Calipari is at Kentucky as long as he wants to be at Kentucky and any other assumption is crazy at this point. Could see b happening or gets paid a visit from his good old longtime friend John Chaney....
October 24, 201114 yr I don't think it's crazy at all given expectations of the UK fan base. I think Calipari stays as long as Calipari wants as he should. But there will be grumbling if he continually pulls down the top recruiting class year after year and doesn't win a national title with it. There are many in the fanbase who still aren't comfortable with the one and done philosophy. Probably the same ones who didn't like the denim uniforms and the three-point line. But they do exist. I think Cal is here for the long term, but wouldn't be surprised if he bolted tomorrow for something else and I definately wouldn't be surprised if there was grumbling in the fan base if four years from now, he still hasn't won a title. Winning cures everything.
October 24, 201114 yr Cal leaves the program only if...... a.) He bolts for an NBA job b.) Something bad happens and the school ends up getting in trouble c.) He retires from coaching college basketball This. I don't think it's crazy at all given expectations of the UK fan base. I think Calipari stays as long as Calipari wants as he should. But there will be grumbling if he continually pulls down the top recruiting class year after year and doesn't win a national title with it. There are many in the fanbase who still aren't comfortable with the one and done philosophy. Probably the same ones who didn't like the denim uniforms and the three-point line. But they do exist. I think Cal is here for the long term, but wouldn't be surprised if he bolted tomorrow for something else and I definately wouldn't be surprised if there was grumbling in the fan base if four years from now, he still hasn't won a title. Winning cures everything. But this too.
October 24, 201114 yr I'm a firm believer that Coach Cal won't go anywhere until he wins a National Championship here.
October 24, 201114 yr I don't think so, Coach Cal stays as long as he wants as long as nothing bad happens with sanctions, violations, etc.
October 24, 201114 yr Cal can coach for UK as long as he wants as far as this fan is concerned (barring any trouble from NCAA). He's great for the program, school, and state. He's a wonderful ambassador for all three of those things. Kentucky fans do have really high expectations, but he is certainly meeting them, even if they don't win a title this year.
October 24, 201114 yr Author I, myself am not a UK fan. But I do know quite a few die hard fans. I was just curious how everyone else felt, because I remember a few years after Tubby's championship, these same people were complaining about him and how he wasn't winning championshps, etc. I also that these are just my local NKY friends and in the grand scheme of things their opinions do not really matter about this. But like I said just curious what everyone else thought and it seems like everyone (at least most BGPers feel the same way about him) GO CARDS!!
October 24, 201114 yr Even if Calipari did leave right now, he's done so much for UK in such little time, I wouldn't be able to hate on him too hard. It was losing its glam before, and Kentucky is now undoubtedly one of the best jobs in the country again because of Cal.
October 24, 201114 yr Even if Calipari did leave right now, he's done so much for UK in such little time, I wouldn't be able to hate on him too hard. It was losing its glam before, and Kentucky is now undoubtedly one of the best jobs in the country again because of Cal. Program was on life support and he saved it over night. I now feel strongly that if something happens to Calipari another big coaching get is very possible and it would still be very possible to recruit well. Not at the level Calipari has recruited but still on the level Kentucky should recruit. In the late Tubby/Gillespie era Kentucky just wasn't what Kentucky was known for and just became less and less interesting for big time recruits/coaches, luckily all that has changed. It was going down hill and spiraling out of control quick, so glad Cal was able to save it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.