Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity ranked as #50 in ESPN Preseason Top 50

Featured Replies

Just saw the ESPN top 50 and Trinity is picked as number 50. There were no other Kentucky teams ranked above Trinity in that preseason poll.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will they be rated #1 in the state? They've got Hicks now, and he was extremely impressive in the state tournament when I saw him a couple of years ago.

Will they be rated #1 in the state? They've got Hicks now, and he was extremely impressive in the state tournament when I saw him a couple of years ago.

 

I would have to think they're the preseason #1 in the state.

What does their starting lineup look like?

Hicks, Foster, Saxton, Dieudonne, Quick, and Rice. Any combination of those 5 would be my guess as to who starts. They have Page and Owens on the bench as well. I think its a problem most of us would love to have.

Their senior class is loaded... 24 - 0 as freshman. Dudonne, Saxton, Foster and Perito.

 

Their junior class has Hicks, Quick and Rice.

 

Throw in Page and Ownes and your nine deep with real talent.

Hicks, Foster, Saxton, Dieudonne, Quick, and Rice. Any combination of those 5 would be my guess as to who starts. They have Page and Owens on the bench as well. I think its a problem most of us would love to have.

 

How tall are these guys?

  • Author

The Trinity website did not list the roster but Hicks is about 6'4", Saxton is about 6'4" and Dieudonne is about 6'7". Quick is about 6'2"

Glad to see them ranked. Hope they do well at the City of Palms tourney. There will be nationally ranked teams at this tourney and the Beachball Classic ( which will have Ballard and Scott Co from Ky). Trinity is my pre-season #1 pick for KY.

If Trinity were to win the state basketball championship, all of the private school bashers will come out of the woodwork. This is the one sport that Publics can still hold on to.

  • Author

Is that because Ballard, Eastern and Scott County do not recruit outside their district and Trinity has such a great advantage? The private over public advantage argument does not work for basketball. Trinity just happens to have good players this year.

Is that because Ballard, Eastern and Scott County do not recruit outside their district and Trinity has such a great advantage? The private over public advantage argument does not work for basketball. Trinity just happens to have good players this year.

 

I agree. I'm a private school fan. I'm just saying that they are all looking for any opportunity that they can get to whine about all of their perceived injustices. I personally would love to see Kentucky have a nationally prominent team or teams. I couldn't care less where they come from as long as everything is by the rules (not saying that anyone is playing against the rules, just throwing out the hypothetical.)

If Trinity were to win the state basketball championship, all of the private school bashers will come out of the woodwork. This is the one sport that Publics can still hold on to.

 

I have not said this on here but just to others. What a can of worms this would open up! I think because they are so stacked this year...a can will be opened regardless! :popcorn::popcorn:

I'll believe it when I see it. Trinity's had good teams before and has managed to escape the Seventh Region exactly once... ever. That Seventh Region tournament is a gauntlet where in a lot of years you'll play three consecutive games tougher than running through the state Sweet Sixteen.

Public, Private, Purple, Pink, who cares if you can make through that regional tourney to punch your ticket, you have earned my respect. Gauntlet may be putting it mildly.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.