Trinity ranked as #50 in ESPN Preseason Top 50

Public, Private, Purple, Pink, who cares if you can make through that regional tourney to punch your ticket, you have earned my respect. Gauntlet may be putting it mildly.

Agree 100% I could care less if it is public or private. One of the hardest regions to advance from.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll believe it when I see it. Trinity's had good teams before and has managed to escape the Seventh Region exactly once... ever. That Seventh Region tournament is a gauntlet where in a lot of years you'll play three consecutive games tougher than running through the state Sweet Sixteen.

Agreed. The 7th Region, much like the 11th Region, is very unpredictable. Too many good teams for anything to be guaranteed.

I'll believe it when I see it. Trinity's had good teams before and has managed to escape the Seventh Region exactly once... ever. That Seventh Region tournament is a gauntlet where in a lot of years you'll play three consecutive games tougher than running through the state Sweet Sixteen.

I do not disagree with you but I think T has a better shot than ever this year.

A bit off topic but doesn't T usually play Ballard, Eastern and J-town in the regular season? None of those three are on the T schedule this year.

A bit off topic but doesn't T usually play Ballard, Eastern and J-town in the regular season? None of those three are on the T schedule this year.

Not sure on Jtown and Eastern but I know Ballard refused to play them.

Didn't baskeball get re-distrcited? I think we're in different discrticts this year.

Glad to see them ranked. Hope they do well at the City of Palms tourney. There will be nationally ranked teams at this tourney and the Beachball Classic ( which will have Ballard and Scott Co from Ky). Trinity is my pre-season #1 pick for KY.
I hope they do well too. I will be at at least a few days of the COP, so I'll see them in person. I will watch the Beachball online, so it will be a great time of year!!! Can't wait.

Didn't baskeball get re-distrcited? I think we're in different discrticts this year.

I was also told that Ballard has refused to play them. That doesn't really shock me Renner. I don't know the alignment of the districts but will take a look at that.

I was also told that Ballard has refused to play them. That doesn't really shock me Renner. I don't know the alignment of the districts but will take a look at that.
I don't think Ballard could refuse if they were in the same district, could they? Wouldn't they have to play if they wanted to be eligible for post-season play, the same as it works in football?

I don't know. loubball fan would know better. I am just reporting what I was told by a person in the program.

I could (and likely am) be completely wrong about the redistricting. I tried to look it up online, but the current alignment info on the KHSAA site pulls the 2009/10 document. If that is still in place, then Trinity & Ballard weren't ever in the same disctrict. So confusing.