Trinity ranked as #50 in ESPN Preseason Top 50

I was also told that Ballard has refused to play them. That doesn't really shock me Renner. I don't know the alignment of the districts but will take a look at that.

Here are the districts:

27th:

Trinity, Seneca, Waggener. Atherton

28th:

Ballard, Eastern, Christian Academy of Louisville, Kentucky Country Day, Walden.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#50 is vastly underrated.

I was thinking the same thing.. This is the most talented team I can remember the state of Kentucky having in a few years. I would consider them in the top 25-30 range.

I agree with both of you. Trintiy will get thier chance to prove it in the City of Palms tourney. I started a thread on it, so you can see who is in the tourney and the matchups. They are in a very strong bracket. Would love to go see this tourney.

Here is a link to the rating and tells about each team/players:

http://espn.go.com/high-school/boys-basketball/team-rankings/fab50

Some 7th region schools have taken Trinity off their schedules.

I do not disagree with you but I think T has a better shot than ever this year.

A bit off topic but doesn't T usually play Ballard, Eastern and J-town in the regular season? None of those three are on the T schedule this year.

The 7th Region was weakened a little in the redistricting. Moore and J-town moved to the 6th, while Central moved to the 7th. Because of this I see the 7th as a two team race-Trinity and Ballard!! The 7th Region tournament won't be near as tough this year!! I think the 6th with Bullitt East, Moore, PRP, Butler, and J'town will be wide open and more fun to watch!!

The 7th Region was weakened a little in the redistricting. Moore and J-town moved to the 6th, while Central moved to the 7th. Because of this I see the 7th as a two team race-Trinity and Ballard!! The 7th Region tournament won't be near as tough this year!! I think the 6th with Bullitt East, Moore, PRP, Butler, and J'town will be wide open and more fun to watch!!

Agree with what is bolded.

I'm not sure if this all Renner or those he works for making decisions:idunno:

Renner has played T for years when he "didn't have to" and I think he likes to play the best during the season to preparefor regionals.

When he "didn't have to"? They were in the same district, he couldn't avoid them even if he wanted to.

If he liked to play "the best" then Ballard would play Trinity this year, no excuses aside from the fact that they hate to see Trinity stepping outside of the football world to become good.

Agree with what is bolded.

Can you imagine how tough the Louisville Invitational Tournament (LIT) field will be in mid January... comprised of teams from both the 6th and 7th regions???

MUCH TOUGHER than the state tournament field in Rupp.

When he "didn't have to"? They were in the same district, he couldn't avoid them even if he wanted to.

If he liked to play "the best" then Ballard would play Trinity this year, no excuses aside from the fact that they hate to see Trinity stepping outside of the football world to become good.

My bad, you are correct!

However, I'm still not convinced that Renner would dodge anybody but i could be mistaken.