Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Christian Laettner To Coach UK Villains?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Laettner should see if Billy Gillispie wants to be his assistant. Transportation provided to and from Rupp of course.

 

:laugh:

  • Replies 115
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to recall having a strong dislike for Taquan Dean, but I may be misremembering.

 

Matt Walsh and Joakim Noah are the worst for me.

Miles Simon for sure, I don't know who I wanted to punch worse, him or Jim Nantz; and I was only 12, unfortunately for the wall that ended up with a whole in it, neither Jim Nantz or Miles Simon were around to take it's place.

Villians:

 

Jason Williams PG Florida

A list of Michigan State players and Tar Heel players

Chris Lofton

I'm so far removed from Laettner I could care less...Now if it was Danny Ferry...:madman::D

That is true. Just wish it'd be someone who actually played against UK. Nolan never played against UK. I guess if he wanted to hype it up he could say....'I was looking forward to playing against John Wall but UK never made it that far' and scratch his head and face with the hand that has the 2010 NCAA Champs ring on it. That'd be good build up.

 

Thank you for recognizing the fact that "The Rivalry" doesn't really exist.

Thank you for recognizing the fact that "The Rivalry" doesn't really exist.

 

Trust me, I know this is a one-sided rivalry. It means more to me as a Duke fan living in Kentucky but Duke fans outside of Kentucky really don't care. Plus, the two teams haven't played since 2001. UNC-UK is more of a rivalry than UK-Duke.

 

That being said....I can't wait until next year in Atlanta. I will be there one way or another.

My disdain for Duke as a whole actually stems more from things like this:

 

 

:lol:

 

I didn't listen to the audio, but it sure looked like WoJo stuffed cotton balls in his cheeks the way Brando did to play Don Corleone.

The hated started lineup for my lifetime would be:

 

G. Edgar Sosa (because of one stinkin' shot)

G. Kemba Walker (beast)

G. Miles Simon (Simon says, "Championship." Shutup with your little quips, Jim Nantz......for some reason, everyone forgets Simon)

C. Joakim Noah (dude played the villain role as well as anyone)

F. Christian Laettner (see Edgar Sosa, but multiply "stinkin' shot" by about a zillion)

 

Head Coach: Rick Pitino

 

Blame Billy Packer for that one.

This board trends young considering they don't recall Ricky Blanton's arm-waving weirdness after LSU's win in '86.

 

I'm guessing other diehards have forgotten Lancaster Gordon's heroics in '83. As well as the Kentucky-Marquette x2 (Jim McIlvaine, Dwyane Wade), in addition to Georgetown's Michael Graham ('84) and MTSU's Jerry Beck/Chris Harris in '82, or perhaps they purged those debacles from memory.

 

Somebody else can feel free to dredge up uncomfortable memories of the '70s and before for Wildcat fans. I've done enough damage for one day. :D

This board trends young considering they don't recall Ricky Blanton's arm-waving weirdness after LSU's win in '86.

 

I'm guessing other diehards have forgotten Lancaster Gordon's heroics in '83. As well as the Kentucky-Marquette x2 (Jim McIlvaine, Dwyane Wade), in addition to Georgetown's Michael Graham ('84) and MTSU's Jerry Beck/Chris Harris in '82, or perhaps they purged those debacles from memory.

 

Somebody else can feel free to dredge up uncomfortable memories of the '70s and before for Wildcat fans. I've done enough damage for one day. :D

Only a UK fan could recite those names. I am sure Hatz can share a few.
Only a UK fan could recite those names. I am sure Hatz can share a few.

 

I'll confess that I had to look up the Blue Raider boys. The game sticks out, but the names were foggy. :D

Who was the guard at Ole Miss that was like 4 feet tall, Man I really couldnt stand watching him.

  • Author
Jason Williams PG Florida

 

Excellent choice.

 

I didn't listen to the audio, but it sure looked like WoJo stuffed cotton balls in his cheeks the way Brando did to play Don Corleone.

 

There was something in there. You didn't miss much with the audio. The video speaks for itself...

 

Blame Billy Packer for that one.

 

Nantz said it, didn't he? Did Packer inspire it?

 

This board trends young considering they don't recall Ricky Blanton's arm-waving weirdness after LSU's win in '86.

 

I'm guessing other diehards have forgotten Lancaster Gordon's heroics in '83. As well as the Kentucky-Marquette x2 (Jim McIlvaine, Dwyane Wade), in addition to Georgetown's Michael Graham ('84) and MTSU's Jerry Beck/Chris Harris in '82, or perhaps they purged those debacles from memory.

 

Somebody else can feel free to dredge up uncomfortable memories of the '70s and before for Wildcat fans. I've done enough damage for one day. :D

 

Blanton is a really good one. Charles Barkley would be another, but he could make anyone's list. And another player was John Caylor from Auburn. He's not really a villain, but the guy seemed to play for 10 years. Also, there's the guard trio from South Carolina that beat Pitino twice in 1997 (the second time on UK's senior day). B.J. McKie was one. Maybe Larry Davis another? Not sure on the third. They broke the defensive pressure much like Simon & Bibby did in the same year's title game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.