Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Christian Laettner To Coach UK Villains?

Featured Replies

I remember reading your report about it. My friends were all talking about it last night, and I was proud to say that I new about it for almost two weeks.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

Thanks, I don't really mind all that much but did want to point out that it wasn't exactly breaking news. I do believe Laettner will receive an all-time set of boos.

  • Replies 115
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

Thanks, I don't really mind all that much but did want to point out that it wasn't exactly breaking news. I do believe Laettner will receive an all-time set of boos.

 

No doubt. I hope UK fans can boo him unmercifully and get some closure finally. I'd love to be there to witness it but if not I hope it is televised.

  • Author
I'm still trying to figure out how Nolan Smith is considered a UK villain. When is this game anyways?

 

My disdain for Duke as a whole actually stems more from things like this:

 

 

:lol:

  • Author
No doubt. I hope UK fans can boo him unmercifully and get some closure finally. I'd love to be there to witness it but if not I hope it is televised.

 

I have major doubts about there ever being closure for UK fans as it relates to Laettner.

 

For my money, Laettner is one of the two or three most accomplished college basketball players I've ever seen. Can't stand him, but the guy could flat out play, was big-time in the clutch & knew how to win.

My disdain for Duke as a whole actually stems more from things like this:

 

 

:lol:

 

 

I can accept that.

 

 

Those videos were pretty bad. I watched the first 1:25 and then shut it off.

  • Author
I can accept that.

 

 

Those videos were pretty bad. I watched the first 1:25 and then shut it off.

 

Then you missed the worst part, which starts at around 1:57 when Nolan Smith does is best Kate Winslet/Titanic impression. :puke:

  • Author
No doubt. I hope UK fans can boo him unmercifully and get some closure finally. I'd love to be there to witness it but if not I hope it is televised.

 

Matt Jones had Laettner on his show today. I haven't heard it yet b/c I listen to the podcasts, but I'm sure it'll be entertaining. In reading the comments from other fans on various sites, it seems that Laettner-hate has actually softened a bit in the eyes of a handful.

Laettner agreeing to participate is a pretty cool move in my book.

 

This is a pretty cool concept. I'll certainly watch if televised, but I'm already going be in Lexington that Thursday for the Avett Brothers show and making that drive from Pikeville twice in a week plus working the next day doesn't really sound too appealing. So I will not be in attendance.

  • Author
Laettner agreeing to participate is a pretty cool move in my book.

 

Very much agree.

Who are the biggest villains for UK?

 

Laettner, Hurley, Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Noah, Horford, Walsh, Kemba Walker, Wade all come to mind off the top of my head. Who else is there?

Laettner should see if Billy Gillispie wants to be his assistant. Transportation provided to and from Rupp of course.

Laettner should see if Billy Gillispie wants to be his assistant. Transportation provided to and from Rupp of course.
:lol:
Who are the biggest villains for UK?

 

Laettner, Hurley, Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Noah, Horford, Walsh, Kemba Walker, Wade all come to mind off the top of my head. Who else is there?

The Crispin brothers always come to my mind.

I would say that it would be cool if someone like Terrence Williams or someone from Louisville played. I would say Sosa, but he had that terrible injury.

 

I also think Mazzoula (however you spell his name). Not that he was a villian, but he had the game of his life against us in the Elite Eight in the 2010 Tourney.

  • Author
Who are the biggest villains for UK?

 

Laettner, Hurley, Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Noah, Horford, Walsh, Kemba Walker, Wade all come to mind off the top of my head. Who else is there?

 

The hated started lineup for my lifetime would be:

 

G. Edgar Sosa (because of one stinkin' shot)

G. Kemba Walker (beast)

G. Miles Simon (Simon says, "Championship." Shutup with your little quips, Jim Nantz......for some reason, everyone forgets Simon)

C. Joakim Noah (dude played the villain role as well as anyone)

F. Christian Laettner (see Edgar Sosa, but multiply "stinkin' shot" by about a zillion)

 

Head Coach: Rick Pitino

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.