Trinity 66 Montgomery Bell Academy (TN) 21

wailupebob

If I may be so bold, what games, exactly, are you referring to? Because I venture to say these will be the same comments you make as Trinity takes on the GCL schools from Cincy later in the season.

Trinity is making a mockery of High School football. Let's call a spade a spade, shall we? This "keep it humble" garbage is driving me absolutely nuts! Am I the only one thinking this?

Like I said in the predictions thread....YAAAAAWWWWWNNNNN...ZzzZZzzzZZzz...wake me when they beat their finals opponent by 6 TD's.

-CardinalsFan

This post made me laugh out loud! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may be so bold, what games, exactly, are you referring to? Because I venture to say these will be the same comments you make as Trinity takes on the GCL schools from Cincy later in the season.

We would've beaten BA, and MBA playing our ones for just a half. Same will likely go with Male and Manual. We need to win games in November. The games against the GCL will help us do that. I don't really understand your aggressive tone in your post. As somebody else said, this certainly isn't Yappi, and NO ONE on this site (other than you) cares about Colerain. SO, if you don't like us, leave.

Trinity is making a mockery of High School football. Let's call a spade a spade, shall we? This "keep it humble" garbage is driving me absolutely nuts! Am I the only one thinking this?

Like I said in the predictions thread....YAAAAAWWWWWNNNNN...ZzzZZzzzZZzz...wake me when they beat their finals opponent by 6 TD's.

-CardinalsFan

I may be wrong, but I think CF was giving props to Trinity not disrespecting them. He seems to be saying, quit the sandbagging and just be happy that Trinity is one of the best teams around and will give any school, from any state, including Ohio and the GCL a tough row to hoe.

I may be wrong, but I think CF was giving props to Trinity not disrespecting them. He seems to be saying, quit the sandbagging and just be happy that Trinity is one of the best teams around and will give any school, from any state, including Ohio and the GCL a tough row to hoe.

DING DING DING DING DING!!! Give WhozYoDaddy the Grand Prize...he gets it.

Look, I am thoroughly impressed by Trinity. I think they are absolutely amazing. I personally think they have a better than 50% shot, no 75% shot at SWEEPING THE GCL! I really do. I've already told my GCL friends who look at me like I'm nuts that Trinity is going to wipe the floor with them. I truly believe that.

Look, I like to see great teams BE great. That is what makes it so incredible. You have to remember, Colerain's 2004 team was going to be unbeatable the second they lost their last game in November of 2003. Everyone in the state knew that. And what happened? They marched through their schedule, undefeated and won by an average of 40 points a game and outscored their playoff opponents 191 to 22! As a fan and alumn, I was the first to tell opposing team's fans that it wasn't a question of win or lose, but rather, by HOW MUCH they would lose. It was a feeling like none other and I loved every minute of it.

I guess, all in all, that's what I am looking for. I just want ONE Trinity fan to come on here and say, without a doubt, "Yeah, we are the best team in KY and it's not close. We are gonig to absolutely run roughshod over this schedule and this state and quite frankly, should be considered the best team in the nation because we are that good.

Is that too much to ask? Doesn't ANYONE from Trinity have the guts to just come out and "own it"?!

-CardinalsFan

Sorry, CF, you won't be hearing it from this Trinity fan. I'm from the old school. The team has to earn it before I will "own" it.

I totally concur. Win with class and loose with class. Don't like 'braggarts." Let our actions speak for themselves on the field. Probably most if not all of the T faithful feel the way CF stated - but just don't want to put it out there. Better left for others to say - IMHO.

I think CF has a point though. It's one thing to be humble with the out of state teams on the schedule because they are the best of the best in this region. But as far as the state title goes the only way Trinity doesn't win it is if they get lost on their way to BG in Dec. I will be surprised if T doesn't put a running clock on Male, Manual, and X this year. I think when you have accomplished what T has you have earned the right to a little bit of cockiness.

I think CF has a point though. It's one thing to be humble with the out of state teams on the schedule because they are the best of the best in this region. But as far as the state title goes the only way Trinity doesn't win it is if they get lost on their way to BG in Dec. I will be surprised if T doesn't put a running clock on Male, Manual, and X this year. I think when you have accomplished what T has you have earned the right to a little bit of cockiness.

I appreciate the kind words and compliments to the program. There is some "cockiness" and self-assuredness on the field - then there is that of the fans and supporters. I still do not care for the latter.

T has enough 'haters and bashers" - without adding more incentive. I still like that "classy" part. But that's just me.

I think that part of the problem for many of us is that we remember 2003 and how that season started. We had just come off of one of the best seasons in school history(if not the best at the time) with the epic wins over Male and Elder the year before we came into the season with a #4 ranking in the USAToday poll. We then proceeded for start out 0-4 with a team that had a ton of returning starters. I was captain cocky going into the 2003 season but ever since then no matter how good we are supposed to be I am hesitant to declare our awesomeness until after the fact.

There are always upsets when teams get cocky and lose their edge and focus. This could happen to Trinity. It could happen to anybody.

The world would be a much better place if there were less trash talking and more honest respect for your opponent.

Interesting quote from the Tennessean.

After dominating the majority of its Kentucky opponents in recent years, Louisville Trinity went looking across state lines for better competition this season. Turns out defenses from the Nashville area can’t stop the Shamrocks, either.

http://saxo.highschoolsports.net/article/20110827/SPORTS07/308270056/MBA-fares-no-better-vs-Louisville-Trinity?Avis=DN

I actually think Jason Frakes wrote that. His article in the C-J seemingly has been picked up by all the Gannett papers. It was his article in the Tennessean. I found that disappointing, because I was hoping to get other views of the game.

I actually think Jason Frakes wrote that. His article in the C-J seemingly has been picked up by all the Gannett papers. It was his article in the Tennessean. I found that disappointing, because I was hoping to get other views of the game.

The article in the CJ after the BA game was picked up from the Nashville paper. Not ideal, but I doubt that either paper can afford to send a reporter on the road. It beats no coverage at all.

I think that part of the problem for many of us is that we remember 2003 and how that season started. We had just come off of one of the best seasons in school history(if not the best at the time) with the epic wins over Male and Elder the year before we came into the season with a #4 ranking in the USAToday poll. We then proceeded for start out 0-4 with a team that had a ton of returning starters. I was captain cocky going into the 2003 season but ever since then no matter how good we are supposed to be I am hesitant to declare our awesomeness until after the fact.

On Dec 3 if Trinity is 14-0 I'll be right there with the best ever talk. Not before. IMVHO there is a real possibility that Trinity goes 0-3 in their next games. Mind you that's not a prediction, just a possibility.