Trinity 66 Montgomery Bell Academy (TN) 21

wailupebob

I actually think Jason Frakes wrote that. His article in the C-J seemingly has been picked up by all the Gannett papers. It was his article in the Tennessean. I found that disappointing, because I was hoping to get other views of the game.

If i'm not mistaken the article on the Brentwood Academy game that was in the CJ the week before was a pick up from The Tennessean.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the kind words and compliments to the program. There is some "cockiness" and self-assuredness on the field - then there is that of the fans and supporters. I still do not care for the latter.

T has enough 'haters and bashers" - without adding more incentive. I still like that "classy" part. But that's just me.

I think you can be a little cocky without it coming off as arrogant. Like I said when you have accomplished what T has then absolutely pound 2 teams like MBA and Brentwood Academy then a little cockiness is in order. Will T beat the GLC teams like that, probably not but I sure didn't expect them to beat the Tenn. teams like that either so who knows. I see what your saying though and also what CF is saying. When it comes to the Kentucky part of T's schedule I think the one game at time speak is out the window. Call a spade a spade and just say your going to beat the snot out of what ever team has the unfortunately luck to be on the tracks when the T train in pulling in.

I think that part of the problem for many of us is that we remember 2003 and how that season started. We had just come off of one of the best seasons in school history(if not the best at the time) with the epic wins over Male and Elder the year before we came into the season with a #4 ranking in the USAToday poll. We then proceeded for start out 0-4 with a team that had a ton of returning starters. I was captain cocky going into the 2003 season but ever since then no matter how good we are supposed to be I am hesitant to declare our awesomeness until after the fact.
I can see that. National rankings mean pretty much nothing IMO. Most teams at where they are based on the previous year and the name on the front of their jersey.

On Dec 3 if Trinity is 14-0 I'll be right there with the best ever talk. Not before. IMVHO there is a real possibility that Trinity goes 0-3 in their next games. Mind you that's not a prediction, just a possibility.
I agree with this as well. Even T hasn't seen a run of competition like they will have the first games. They could easily have gone 0-5 and still been a great team.

I agree with this as well. Even T hasn't seen a run of competition like they will have the first games. They could easily have gone 0-5 and still been a great team.

I agree. It's fun, as a fan, to come to the game knowing that we have a chance to win every game, but we also have a chance to lose every game. It makes for a lot of exciting football.

Good point and something we all need to bear in mind.

I agree. It's fun, as a fan, to come to the game knowing that we have a chance to win every game, but we also have a chance to lose every game. It makes for a lot of exciting football.
If T and their opponents both play their best game and limit mistakes I think T is probably the better team in all 5 of these games. However when playing the level of competition you guys are anything could happen. Being the best team doesn't always mean a victory, especially when 15-18 year old kids are in the equation.

If T and their opponents both play their best game and limit mistakes I think T is probably the better team in all 5 of these games. However when playing the level of competition you guys are anything could happen. Being the best team doesn't always mean a victory, especially when 15-18 year old kids are in the equation.
Good Point.

We would've beaten BA, and MBA playing our ones for just a half. Same will likely go with Male and Manual. We need to win games in November. The games against the GCL will help us do that. I don't really understand your aggressive tone in your post. As somebody else said, this certainly isn't Yappi, and NO ONE on this site (other than you) cares about Colerain. SO, if you don't like us, leave.

Honestly, at this point it looks to me like the games against the GCL will be more for bragging rights, sure they will prepare you for November as well, but I can't see that it really matters. There isn't anyone in the state of Kentucky that should be able to even be competitive with Trinity this year.

There was an article in the CJ this morning with an update on Trinity senior WR Nate Stein. He is doing well and expected to make a full recovery, but his football career is over. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2011308290069

If you get a chance, watch the video of the interview. As a parent it is pretty sobering.