3A: 2004 Highlands vs. 2005 LexCath

jbwill2

This would be a very good game. I think both teams would match each other in scroing. However Highlands defense last year was unbelievable they was untouchable. I believe they would hold that Knights offense to 3 touchdowns and Highlands ends up winning by a score 0f 35 to 14.

I agree with your point about HHS' defense, but unless HHS' defense and/or special teams scores some TDs in the game, I'd be surprised if HHS could hang 35 on LexCath's first-team defense from this year. HHS only scored 22 against Boyle County in the title game (they scored 21 against BC during the regular season), 18 and 9 against CovCath in the playoff and regular season games, respectively, and 15 against Bell County in the semis. Late in the year, HHS had a real bear of a time putting it in the endzone.

I just can't believe that if these two programs played, one team could put up 35 on the other, unless the defense/ST scores some TDs.

Given how much better HHS' defense was last year than this year, I still think that the 'Birds would win the game, but as I said before, anything can happen in just one game (ask Saint X)!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year's Highlands D holding Boyle County and Cov. Cath to 7 points in 4 games says it all. There is no way LC offense this year would scores 14 pts on Highlands defense of last season.

Actually, they held them to 6. BC's TD in the finals game was followed by a missed extra point!

I just can't believe that if these two programs played, one team could put up 35 on the other, unless the defense/ST scores some TDs.

Though I don't think that either team would have scored 35, I do highly think that with all the passing that Lex. Cath. did this season, that Highlands would have scored atleast one touchdown on defense. Their defense scored in almost every game they played, most of the times more than once...

Did no one recognize that Lex Cath's offense went into game-control mode rather than all-out assault mode in the Highlands game, once they realized that Highlands offense was hard pressed to score on Lex Cath's Defense? It also afforded them the opportunity to limit their offense in order to keep Burke from taking unnecessary shots on his knee once the flow the game became apparent. I just bring that up because it seems like everyone is excited that Highlands "held" their offense to 17 points, instead of taking into consideration that Lex Cath backed off of their normal go-for-the-throat offensive approach since it was not needed. This observation is in no way a knock on Highlands defense, just an observation about the game and how it unfolded being a factor in the final score. The final score may not necessarily be a true assessment of Lex Cath's offense vs Highland's defense.