Trinity 38 Highlands 14 (Scrimmage)

jbwill2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Highlands fans who were fun to talk to, came down in numbers and cheered with the Trinity fans when it was announced that one of the T student-athletes on the team scored a perfect 36 on the ACT. Class.

How many times have Highlands and Trinity scrimmaged recently? What have been some recent results? Do you Highlands folks believe the Birds benefited from scrimmaging the Rocks in the preseason? Was tonight an overall net benefit?

How many times have Highlands and Trinity scrimmaged recently? What have been some recent results? Do you Highlands folks believe the Birds benefited from scrimmaging the Rocks in the preseason? Was tonight an overall net benefit?

Another offensive lineman got hurt so I don't know..

Highlands and Trinity have now scrimmaged each other twice. Last year Trinity won 49-42 and tonight Trinity won 38-14.

Thanks for the info. I thought they had scrimmaged for several years but I was wrong. Looks like last year was a little closer. But both went on to dominate their classes and romp in the championship game. Might see something similar this season, too.

Hats off to Highlands fans who were fun to talk to, came down in numbers and cheered with the Trinity fans when it was announced that one of the T student-athletes on the team scored a perfect 36 on the ACT. Class.

In all honesty I didn't know 36 was a perfect score, irony is that it makes me feel smarter, when clearly I was lacking knowledge in regards to the scoring. As for the T student athlete that accomplished that, hat's off to him and the folks that helped prepare him for it.

So the Rocks put up 38 against the Birds Defense, I figured they would get a few TDs with what they returned offensively. I'm more surprised the Bird offense only scored twice. What's the story on Jac Collinsworth? I don't think he's put the pads on since his Frosh year.

I'm anxious to get a full report from the Bird faithful.

I heard Frosh Daniel Kremer scored the first Bird TD in the JV game. Congrats Daniel I'm sure your pops was looking down on you and was very proud.

I partiularly noticed before the scrimmage three of Highlands players out of uniform, nos. 72,73 and 74, I believe. They were very good-sized boys and if their football-playing ability matched their size, then their absence would be a great loss. The Birds are very well coached and make you earn what you get. No. 7 (I think) made a tremendous one-handed pick in the end zone. I don't recall T breaking for any really long plays. This is a tribute to Highlands. T was just a little stronger last night. This wasn't really a game, but a scrimmage. I remember Brian Brohm's senior year when T started off 0-4 and then won the state. I hope the Highlands player who got injured is OK. Towles has a strong arm and pocket presence, and seems to be able to make any type of throw. It seems he might hang the deep ball up a tad too much, though. Maybe he will be the next Tim Couch.

That is seriously impressive! So was T last night.