Trinity 38 Highlands 14 (Scrimmage)

jbwill2

Hats off to Highlands fans who were fun to talk to, came down in numbers and cheered with the Trinity fans when it was announced that one of the T student-athletes on the team scored a perfect 36 on the ACT. Class.

There were actually two students that scored perfect ACT scores from Trinity . It just shows that Trinity is more than just football . They will represent Ky well this year !!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity is very good. But the birds did play without their two starting tackles. And their top receiver, Austin Sheehan, didn't play either. I don't think these guys would have put the birds over the top, but they definitely would have helped the offense move the ball better.

So the Rocks put up 38 against the Birds Defense, I figured they would get a few TDs with what they returned offensively. I'm more surprised the Bird offense only scored twice. What's the story on Jac Collinsworth? I don't think he's put the pads on since his Frosh year.

I'm anxious to get a full report from the Bird faithful.

I heard Frosh Daniel Kremer scored the first Bird TD in the JV game. Congrats Daniel I'm sure your pops was looking down on you and was very proud.

Ryche, we'll never get the full truth unless we pony up and start making the ride. Until then, you'll get the sugar coated version of how events unfolded. So, u in for Boyle? lol

Ryche' date=' we'll never get the full truth[/b'] unless we pony up and start making the ride. Until then, you'll get the sugar coated version of how events unfolded. So, u in for Boyle? lol

Who's not telling the truth ? I don't think I sugar coated anything . Bottom line is the Birds got their butts handed to them on a silver platter. It takes a great team to do that to the Birds. Isn't it hard to post about a game that you did not witness ? I wouldn't worry about the kicking game either , lots of work to do in other areas.

Who's not telling the truth ? I don't think I sugar coated anything . Bottom line is the Birds got their butts handed to them on a silver platter. It takes a great team to do that to the Birds. Isn't it hard to post about a game that you did not witness ? I wouldn't worry about the kicking game either , lots of work to do in other areas.

agree

I was surprised to see the speed differential between the teams. Seemed like Trinity had 5 or 6 guys on every tackle.

Trinity's defense is really good. When was the last time Highlands was shut out for 3 quarters?

You know Highlands is a great program and probably second best team in the state yet but for an int in the endzone they would've been down 38-0 after 3 quarters and just crossed midfield for the first time in the game.

This was a mismatch.

Here's a question for those who saw it... If these two teams had played this game "for real" as a regular season game, would the outcome hav been any different? Would it have been competitive at all? If not, and if Highlands really is one of the top 2-3 teams in KY, then KY high school football is a joke right now, if one program is so dominant over every single other team in the state.

Trinity is very good. But the birds did play without their two starting tackles. And their top receiver, Austin Sheehan, didn't play either. I don't think these guys would have put the birds over the top, but they definitely would have helped the offense move the ball better.

O-line is very tough to play in HHS' system, hopefully the depth with develop. I'm confident it will.

Here's a question for those who saw it... If these two teams had played this game "for real" as a regular season game, would the outcome hav been any different? Would it have been competitive at all? If not, and if Highlands really is one of the top 2-3 teams in KY, then KY high school football is a joke right now, if one program is so dominant over every single other team in the state.

Outcome would have been the same.

HHS scored a TD late, helped by the 52-yd. pass. I personally wanted to see how T wouild respond to being scored on. T responded quite nicely as the 2nd team back (no. 4-Garrett Sauer) chewed up yards as T methodically drove for a TD. Given T's schedule, I imagine the coaches also wanted to see how the team would respond.

T's 1st team running back was #1 and the second team back was #4 . I don't think either one of them were Freshman.

T's website does not show a roster so I do not know the kid's name or number. Just heard great things about him.