Trinity 38 Highlands 14 (Scrimmage)

jbwill2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HHS scored a TD late, helped by the 52-yd. pass. I personally wanted to see how T wouild respond to being scored on. T responded quite nicely as the 2nd team back (no. 4-Garrett Sauer) chewed up yards as T methodically drove for a TD. Given T's schedule, I imagine the coaches also wanted to see how the team would respond.

Sauer is very good; runs really hard. Very nice running back. What grade is he in?

But, and I mean no disrespect to Sauer, I could have looked good as T's running back playing behind that starting O line for Trinity (well maybe for only one play until they carted me off). Best O line unit I have seen since (and I'm trying not to be a homer and a Dad here:D) Highlands 09 O line. Before the game I stood behind the endzone under the score board near where T was warming up. Watching T's O line get ready for the game, I knew we were in trouble. Heck before the game I quietly told some folks I trust, that I'd be happy being within 21. After watching T warm out and figuring in that we were going to be missing multiple starters, I'd changed the 21 to 28 before the game started.

Exactly. The outcome would not have been different.

If the Birds had their 3 hurt offensive lineman and UK wideout they would of done a bit better..Would they have won the scrimmage....no. It probably would of been a better contest though..

Leatherneck,

Sauer is a senior. You are observant. T returned, I believe, 4 OL starters. (The graduated starter, Will Flynn, wil be playing for Centre this season.) BTW, T's OL coach, Patrick Newman, was an all-SCAC performer for 1 or 2 years at Centre.

No one on here seems to think it's important to get ready for a real game next week by giving varsity starters on both teams lots of reps. These are big games coming up.

It hasn't been mentioned by those in attendance that an hour-long controlled scrimmage was held after the "game" for both JV and Frosh. Each half of the field was used by a set of players and coaches with both offence and defence alternating plays.