August 1, 201115 yr Does Alonso really deserve to be a starter in the Reds' outfield, or does the Lewis/Heisey platoon give them a better chance to win? If we're pretending it's a true platoon... Heisey is 8/38 against LHP Lewis is 38/131 against RHP .272 total BA....I'd take my chances that Alonso could surpass that production. Or against all pitchers... Lewis is 38/141 Heisey is 51/212 .252 total BA...I'd take my chances again that Alonso could easily surpass that production.
August 1, 201115 yr Author You don't think anyone will try to block the Giants? Possibly the D'Backs.
August 1, 201115 yr If we're pretending it's a true platoon... Heisey is 8/38 against LHP Lewis is 38/131 against RHP .272 total BA....I'd take my chances that Alonso could surpass that production. Or against all pitchers... Lewis is 38/141 Heisey is 51/212 .252 total BA...I'd take my chances again that Alonso could easily surpass that production. I don't think anyone, Dusty included, has questioned Alonso's ability to hit MLB pitching. Actually, keeping him as the LH option off the bench proves quite the contrary.
August 1, 201115 yr I don't think anyone, Dusty included, has questioned Alonso's ability to hit MLB pitching. Actually, keeping him as the LH option off the bench proves quite the contrary. Like many have said....We sat through all those years of Adam Dunn and Gomes. Alonso can't be worse than that. Rick Sweet said he's fine in the OF as well as Reds scouts...
August 1, 201115 yr He is big and slow and doesn't cover much ground. I really don't care as long as he catches balls with his "range" and hit's .300.
August 1, 201115 yr Like many have said....We sat through all those years of Adam Dunn and Gomes. Alonso can't be worse than that. Rick Sweet said he's fine in the OF as well as Reds scouts... Understood. I just saw you post offensive stats and don't think that's the question.
August 1, 201115 yr He is big and slow and doesn't cover much ground. I really don't care as long as he catches balls with his "range" and hit's .300.Ditto
August 1, 201115 yr He is big and slow and doesn't cover much ground. I really don't care as long as he catches balls with his "range" and hit's .300.He wasn't hitting .300 in Louisville ... what makes you think he's going to hit .300 in Cincinnati?
August 1, 201115 yr If we're pretending it's a true platoon... Heisey is 8/38 against LHP Lewis is 38/131 against RHP .272 total BA....I'd take my chances that Alonso could surpass that production. Or against all pitchers... Lewis is 38/141 Heisey is 51/212 .252 total BA...I'd take my chances again that Alonso could easily surpass that production. Lewis is the Reds' best option in left against righties, because he gets on base, has some speed and plays solid defense. He should be hitting leadoff in that role, but I guess that makes too much sense for Dusty. Heisey doesn't really have much of a platoon split, and hasn't since he's been in the majors. Gomes was a better option against lefties.
August 1, 201115 yr He wasn't hitting .300 in Louisville ... what makes you think he's going to hit .300 in Cincinnati? I'm saying I won't care if he can do that.
August 1, 201115 yr I say we start a pool on how many threads like this we have before Dusty is actually fired. My guess is we make it to at least month 40 (depending on how much energy LRCW and Spindoc have).
August 2, 201115 yr He wasn't hitting .300 in Louisville ... what makes you think he's going to hit .300 in Cincinnati? Technically, correct. However, he did hit .296 over two AAA seasons so let's just round up to .300 .
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.