Florida recommendations

nees1212

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to Destin in years so I'll be curious to hear your thoughts.

Mine are based on the way Destin was back in about 1990 and then going back 10+ years later and having it grown into a monster that the roads can't handle. That may have changed as I haven't been in 8 to 10 years.

My brother-in-law owns a condo there and gave us a free week for Christmas. We went down on spring break and had a great time. We never really had a problem with traffic.

If you want to save on money go to Jacksonville Beach it is pretty nice and they have a really nice sports bar down there. Also another really nice beach is Melbourne Beach. If it was me I would head to Fort Lauderdale or South Beach!

If you want to save on money go to Jacksonville Beach it is pretty nice and they have a really nice sports bar down there. Also another really nice beach is Melbourne Beach. If it was me I would head to Fort Lauderdale or South Beach!

The Atlantic side blows..

I used to have a time share on Ormond Beach, just on the north end of Daytona Beach. The water is cooler, as is the breeze compared to the Gulf side, especially in July and August. The Gulf gets like bath water then.

IMO once you do the Gulf it's hard to ever go back to the Atlantic. I've done both a good bit. Beaches are so much more pretty and water is by far more pretty.

I agree about the beaches, far better on the gulf side but the Atlantic does have a few nice options.

I love Cocoa Beach.

Stayed there one night last week while waiting for a cruise ship. It would have been pretty nice, if not for it being Love Bug season. Never heard of those before, wish I hadn't discovered what they were the hard way.