Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Offseason improvement?

Featured Replies

What is the one thing you would like to see your team improve on over the offseason?

 

For me I would like to see my team improve on there strength. With a young offesive line returning they need to improve their strength.

 

I agree Frankforts line could be something special. and they think is they dont know how good they can be skys the limit.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed and Strength are areas I think every team can improve upon...For us, we dressed out 30 to end the season with...In our case, Stamina is something we need to key on...When it gets into the 4th quarter, our boys need to feel like the game has just begun...I agree with each post on this thread. Each school has something different that they should KEY on, but we all have room for improvement...even state champions.

Gaining speed absolutely increases strength and vice versa if you have the right strength program.

I believe Billy Goldsmith will have the LC Bulldogs lifting hard all winter especially those young lineman and the QB.

Id like X to bulk up they just weren't big enough this year. :D

Speed and strength...in that order!

Frankfort needs to work on Oand D line i think that will make or break this team next season.

Play baseball.

I would love to see a QB would could REALLY run the wishbone to the utmost. Belfry has been sucessful without a really talented player at QB for a long time. As a fan, I can't help but wonder what could be achieved with a kid like Trevor Compton or Chase Huffman under the helm of the triple option attack. It would be scary!

I would love to see a QB would could REALLY run the wishbone to the utmost. Belfry has been sucessful without a really talented player at QB for a long time. As a fan, I can't help but wonder what could be achieved with a kid like Trevor Compton or Chase Huffman under the helm of the triple option attack. It would be scary!

If you had a really talented "QB", I don't think that the wishbone would be my first offensive system of choice.

You don't know Belfry football then. When I say really talented, I mean someone who is a stud running back with the leadership and passing ability of slightly above average passing ability.

I would love to see a QB would could REALLY run the wishbone to the utmost. Belfry has been sucessful without a really talented player at QB for a long time. As a fan, I can't help but wonder what could be achieved with a kid like Trevor Compton or Chase Huffman under the helm of the triple option attack. It would be scary!

 

Yeah, Compton or Huffman would have run the wishbone or veer-option at Belfry very well (then again, in '03 and '04 almost any competent ball-handler would have looked good with Howard and Jones). Too bad the two QB's weren't raised in Mingo Co.. :p:D

 

The one problem Trev would have had...he was VERY right-handed. He had big trouble with the left-handed pitch. LOL...this was a big reason P-burg used the wishbone sparingly in '04. It was a dead-givaway we were likely going to the right side. :lol:

Paintsville-O and D lines. It all starts up front. We will have an experienced QB returning(Pugh) so a solid line would help out a lot. We also lost a lot of skill position players so some young guys are going to have to step it up next year.

A little growth concoction coupled with a speed potion and side car of strength pills.

A little growth concoction coupled with a speed potion and side car of strength pills.

Lace the cafeteria food with Miracle Grow!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.