Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeAndre Liggins will remain in NBA draft.

Featured Replies

Would love to have Liggins back at UK next season, the guy has a child to support now though and I understand and respect his decision. I wish him the best in his pro career.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would love to have Liggins back at UK next season, the guy has a child to support now though and I understand and respect his decision. I wish him the best in his pro career.

 

Me, too.

I love the heart that this young man played with throughout the last three years, but especially his junior season. Even if his career takes him overseas, that is still going to give him a great opportunity to provide for his family, which is ultimately what matters I believe. Best of luck Liggins, I think you probably made the best decision at this time.

I will be surprised if he gets drafted. I hope he doesn't hire a agent. I could see him being Randolf Morris.

^He can't come back to UK and play regardless of whether he hires an agent or not. The Morris loophole has been closed.

What would his minutes look like next season at UK? With Miller back and Gilchrist coming it, it seems very possible that he would take a hit in playing time. Combine that with a weak draft, perhaps this is his best chance of getting a shot in the league. And, if he's OK with going overseas, that's always there. I think its probably a good decision for Liggins.

What would his minutes look like next season at UK? With Miller back and Gilchrist coming it, it seems very possible that he would take a hit in playing time. Combine that with a weak draft, perhaps this is his best chance of getting a shot in the league. And, if he's OK with going overseas, that's always there. I think its probably a good decision for Liggins.

 

I think Miller's minutes would have more chances of being reduced than Liggins' would have. People forget that DeAndre was #2 in minutes on last year's team, behind only Brandon Knight.

 

Next year's starting lineup will be a curious thing to see. I'm thinking Teague, Jones, & Davis are locks. I doubt Wiltjer starts, so that leaves two starting spots for Miller, Gilchrist, & Lamb. Hard to see Lamb not in the lineup because he will be the best perimeter threat. If that's true, then either a very, very hyped freshman or the most experienced player on the team will be the 6th man.

I thought that he would stay in the draft. Liggins has a family to suppoprt and I frankly couldn't see him improving his draft position by staying at U.K.. With what the Cats have coming in this season Liggins may had not got much playing time.

I think that Liggins will be drafted, where I don't know but imo someone will draft him. I wish him all the best.

:thumb::thumb: This young man has over come a lot in his young life. I hope he has a successful pro career, wherever it may be, and is able to support his family for years to come. Thanks DeAndre.

 

:thumb::thumb:

Next year's starting lineup will be a curious thing to see. I'm thinking Teague, Jones, & Davis are locks. I doubt Wiltjer starts, so that leaves two starting spots for Miller, Gilchrist, & Lamb. Hard to see Lamb not in the lineup because he will be the best perimeter threat. If that's true, then either a very, very hyped freshman or the most experienced player on the team will be the 6th man.

 

It is definitely going to be interesting for sure. I agree with you about Teague, Jones, and Davis. However, I would even say that Gilchrist is a lock too. I just don't see him coming off the bench. I think the final starting spot will be between Lamb and Miller.

I didn't realize he was 23. That's pretty old for a rookie.

In the end, Deandre i think makes the right decision here. With what UK has coming back next year there just doesn't seem to be enough opportunity for Liggins to improve his stock. Frankly, if Liggins had come back and improved his stock it would have likely been the result of poor performances by the incoming freshmen or injuries to other guys.

 

Liggins is a great defender, good ball handler, and good at getting to the hole. His jump shot is alright, in spurts he is effective, but not necessarily great. Still, in the end, the kid has great game that could translate into the free agent route in the NBA or at the least a productive overseas playing career.

 

Initially I thought this move was silly when I heard there was even a possibility Liggins wouldn't return. I figured this kid had no business mixing himself in the NBA right now. However, once again, it comes down to, what are NBA scouts going to learn about Liggins next year that they didn't already know about him this year, AND, despite all IF, AND, BUT scenarios, next year's draft appears to have more star power that would only drop Liggins' likelihood of getting drafted further.

It is definitely going to be interesting for sure. I agree with you about Teague, Jones, and Davis. However, I would even say that Gilchrist is a lock too. I just don't see him coming off the bench. I think the final starting spot will be between Lamb and Miller.

 

I don't see Miller not starting next year. Lamb will come off the bench but still play starter minutes I'm sure.

I don't see Miller not starting next year. Lamb will come off the bench but still play starter minutes I'm sure.

 

Yeah, I would have to agree. Probably a similar role that he played this year. Maybe we'll see him a little at PG again too.

In the end, Deandre i think makes the right decision here. With what UK has coming back next year there just doesn't seem to be enough opportunity for Liggins to improve his stock. Frankly, if Liggins had come back and improved his stock it would have likely been the result of poor performances by the incoming freshmen or injuries to other guys.

 

Liggins is a great defender, good ball handler, and good at getting to the hole. His jump shot is alright, in spurts he is effective, but not necessarily great. Still, in the end, the kid has great game that could translate into the free agent route in the NBA or at the least a productive overseas playing career.

 

Initially I thought this move was silly when I heard there was even a possibility Liggins wouldn't return. I figured this kid had no business mixing himself in the NBA right now. However, once again, it comes down to, what are NBA scouts going to learn about Liggins next year that they didn't already know about him this year, AND, despite all IF, AND, BUT scenarios, next year's draft appears to have more star power that would only drop Liggins' likelihood of getting drafted further.

 

And I would think this is a financial decision he had to make and had to make this year. The kid's instant excitement and gives 110%. Hope he lands a real good salary no matter where he plays.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.