Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rashard Mendenhall tweets a different opinion about Bin Laden's death.

Featured Replies

If he had just stopped with "What kind of person celebrates death?" then perhaps I could agree with him. There have been many debates over whether you should or should not cheer bin Laden's death. The Catholic Church released a statement with something similar. But............

 

He had to continue. And that's when it all blew up.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mendehall gave a pretty good defense of his point today on his blog.

Mendehall gave a pretty good defense of his point today on his blog.

 

Tell me more.

 

After that Twit, I refuse to read another thing Twitted by Rashard Mendenhall.

 

I will read another intelligent person's account of the Twit here on BluegrassPreps.

ESPN...

 

"What kind of person celebrates death?" he wrote. "It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..."

 

He tried to clarify those comments Wednesday.

 

"This controversial statement was something I said in response to the amount of joy I saw in the event of a murder. I don't believe that this is an issue of politics or American pride; but one of religion, morality, and human ethics," he wrote.

 

After quoting a bible verse, he wrote: "I wasn't questioning Bin Laden's evil acts. I believe that he will have to face God for what he has done. I was reflecting on our own hypocrisy. During 9/11 we watched in horror as parts of the world celebrated death on our soil. Earlier this week, parts of the world watched us in horror celebrating a man's death."

ESPN...

 

"What kind of person celebrates death?" he wrote. "It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..."

 

He tried to clarify those comments Wednesday.

 

"This controversial statement was something I said in response to the amount of joy I saw in the event of a murder. I don't believe that this is an issue of politics or American pride; but one of religion, morality, and human ethics," he wrote.

 

After quoting a bible verse, he wrote: "I wasn't questioning Bin Laden's evil acts. I believe that he will have to face God for what he has done. I was reflecting on our own hypocrisy. During 9/11 we watched in horror as parts of the world celebrated death on our soil. Earlier this week, parts of the world watched us in horror celebrating a man's death."

 

I didn't have a problem with him questioning why people celebrate a death. Heck, I've taken flack for supporting those that hit the streets.

 

I did lose a little respect for him with his conspiracy theory.

 

Overall, much ado about nothing.

Talk about hypocrisy, read a few of his earlier tweets.

Mendehall gave a pretty good defense of his point today on his blog.

 

It's not really what he said that bothers me. But don't be cursing and saying the things you do on twitter and then pretend to be a super religious person. He's a hypocrit.

ESPN...

 

"What kind of person celebrates death?" he wrote. "It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..."

 

He tried to clarify those comments Wednesday.

 

"This controversial statement was something I said in response to the amount of joy I saw in the event of a murder. I don't believe that this is an issue of politics or American pride; but one of religion, morality, and human ethics," he wrote.

 

After quoting a bible verse, he wrote: "I wasn't questioning Bin Laden's evil acts. I believe that he will have to face God for what he has done. I was reflecting on our own hypocrisy. During 9/11 we watched in horror as parts of the world celebrated death on our soil. Earlier this week, parts of the world watched us in horror celebrating a man's death."

 

Just curious who wrote this "retraction" for him--Obvious he didn't????

Just curious who wrote this "retraction" for him--Obvious he didn't????

 

Same guy who wrote Tiger's speech. Most Americans would have given anything to have taken Bin Laden out yet he sympathizes for him. I wouldn't even feel comfortable being in the same locker room as Mendenhall.

Same guy who wrote Tiger's speech. Most Americans would have given anything to have taken Bin Laden out yet he sympathizes for him. I wouldn't even feel comfortable being in the same locker room as Mendenhall.

 

:thumb: I certainly wouldn't want him on my team if I was a player :irked:. I know that I wouldn't turn my back when around him.

Flotsam holy cow I know the girl in that picture!!!!!!!!!

Flotsam holy cow I know the girl in that picture!!!!!!!!!

 

That picture has been around forever and this is the first time you saw it? :lol:

Flotsam holy cow I know the girl in that picture!!!!!!!!!

Rosie O'Donnell? I would not tell many people that.

That picture has been around forever and this is the first time you saw it? :lol:

 

No I've saw the picture before but never paid attention to the girl, somehow I never noticed, don't know how. I guess I always paid more attention to Ben's big crust face. And too I think all the ones I had seen before were from further out, body shots I guess you would say, since this one is so close up I guess its the first time I paid attention to the random girl who I guess didn't turn out to be so random. But thats funny as can be and makes perfect sense. She went to EKU, from up around Hamilton OH (has a famous cousin who looks very much like her :D) so it makes sense.

 

Rosie O'Donnell? I would not tell many people that.

 

:lol: I know right?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.