Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rumor: Georgetown College Moving to D3

Featured Replies

No proof yet, but most people seem to think Georgetown College is moving athletics teams to Division III.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No proof yet, but most people seem to think Georgetown College is moving athletics teams to Division III.

 

Why would they take a step back? I could understand going to D2, but not D3.

What's the major differences between D-III and NAIA? D-3's can't offer athletic scholarships if I'm not mistaken?

What's the major differences between D-III and NAIA? D-3's can't offer athletic scholarships if I'm not mistaken?

 

I'm pretty sure that is correct.

 

A college coach--the most trustworthy college coach I've ever known--once said to me that they had to kick Happy Osborne off EKU's campus b/c he was haggling their players so much about transferring. The same coach said, and I quote, "Georgetown has more Division 1 players than Vanderbilt." :lol:

 

I've got absolutely nothing against G'Town. Just that those two comments struck me as very funny.

  • Author

The major difference is no athletic scholarships at the DIII level.

I would think that would be a big mistake.

I would also be interested in who Dmost people" includes.

If they go D3, I think they lose a lot of recruits and several coaches.

  • Author
If they go D3, I think they lose a lot of recruits and several coaches.

 

I agree with that.

It would be a huge mistake, many schools like Georgetown, Cambellsville, Cumberlands, and Pikeville use athletics to boost enrollment, they give partial scholarships that up enrollment and the students still wind up paying half tuition or more, thus increasing the funds the university has.

Is there any upside, reason they would want to move? Are they hoping for long term growth and.maybe wanting to.go.D2 eventually?

Is there any upside, reason they would want to move? Are they hoping for long term growth and.maybe wanting to.go.D2 eventually?

 

You don't have to be DIII to make the jump tp DII.

Pretty close to the situation, if this happens they will lose at the very least 75% of the Basketball and Football temas within a year. Can't imagine this would be good for anyone on campus.

This would be an odd move. Going DII woould seem to be more an equivalent move if they are looking to get out of NAIA. Which brings up the question..............how many schools still compete at the NAIA level? Is it stable or deteriorating?

This would be an odd move. Going DII woould seem to be more an equivalent move if they are looking to get out of NAIA. Which brings up the question..............how many schools still compete at the NAIA level? Is it stable or deteriorating?

 

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 280 schools participate in NAIA athletics.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.