Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 2011

Featured Replies

What does Dixie Heights need to do to improve in 2011? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.
  • Replies 95
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure the qb position is solid.

I think Dixie is very solid in the skill positions. My question is how will they be in the trenches?

Skill positions are QB-Pike, RB-Bruns/Justice, WR-Cohorn/Petersen. Looks like if they have a solid line, they should be have a nice season. Anyone know what they have coming back up front?

Skill positions are QB-Pike, RB-Bruns/Justice, WR-Cohorn/Petersen. ?

 

Petersen remains to be determined.

Dixie will score plenty of points. They need to improve on the defensive side of the ball. They will need to stop the run to compete in 6A in N Ky.

I think Dixie is very solid in the skill positions. My question is how will they be in the trenches?

 

Not that it will be determinative of their line play this year, but Dixie's line play last year was the best I've seen from Dixie in a long, long time. Don't know whether it was by choice or necessity (no "biggens" to put out there), but Dixie's line last year was smaller, quicker and more mobile on both sides of the ball. If it was a coaching choice and they have the kids to do it again this year, I expect Dixie's line to be good again this year. Their O line in particular seemed very well coached and used very good technique.

Stopping the run wasn't the problem. Stopping the pass and big plays was their problem on D

I've always felt that as a coach, Spritzsky was nothing to write home about. We will see this year, as Dixie has some prime talent. If he is once agan in that 5-5, 6-4 range (7-3 maybe acceptable; just depends on how the 7-3 came about) then my suspicions are confirmed. I believe they need a better coaching staff. Good guys, average coaches.

Dixie certainly has improved, but it seems they've taken baby steps. In 09 they were 5-7 and in 10 they were 6-6 after adding a 5 star QB. In 10 they scored 91 more points and gave 10 less points from the year before. I don't know what they have coming up through the JV ranks from last year, but assuming that they play a couple of playoff games I would say 7-5 in 2011.

Up front they have a returning All Star in D.J. Handlon and least one other starter. The question will be depth. I thought Dixie's top 12 were a solid as any except perhaps Ryle and NCC. However, in games against teams like Highlands, CovCath and Sk they wore down in the 2nd half. If they can limit the two way players to 3 or 4, with someone to give those kids a few breaks a half, I think they could be very good.

 

Having said that don't underestimate how much they will miss MLB Ryan Zumdick and their go to reciever Bobby Leonard.

 

Will be a critical year for Dixie, because I believe this may be the high water mark as far as talent goes, for the next few years.

Up front they have a returning All Star in D.J. Handlon and least one other starter. The question will be depth. I thought Dixie's top 12 were a solid as any except perhaps Ryle and NCC. However, in games against teams like Highlands, CovCath and Sk they wore down in the 2nd half. If they can limit the two way players to 3 or 4, with someone to give those kids a few breaks a half, I think they could be very good.

 

Having said that don't underestimate how much they will miss MLB Ryan Zumdick and their go to reciever Bobby Leonard.

 

Will be a critical year for Dixie, because I believe this may be the high water mark as far as talent goes, for the next few years.

 

I agree Dixie doesn't not have any depth which will hurt them with players going both ways. I wonder if Pike will still play defense? Leonard, Zumdick, Pillman and #66 will be key losses.

Stopping the run wasn't the problem. Stopping the pass and big plays was their problem on D

 

Different year, different district foes.

 

Last year it was HHS and CovCath to stop, both teams that could beat you with the big play through the air.

 

This year it is Ryle, Boone, Conner, etc that will try to run the ball down your throat.

Different year, different district foes.

 

Last year it was HHS and CovCath to stop, both teams that could beat you with the big play through the air.

 

This year it is Ryle, Boone, Conner, etc that will try to run the ball down your throat.

 

I believe Conner is more of a passing team..

I believe Conner is more of a passing team..

 

Upon further review, Conner definately more of a passing team.

 

Still think Dixie has the athletes to match up with the 6A schools that will rely on the passing game and needs to play better run defense to compete for the N Ky 6A title.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.