Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Leake arrested on theft charges

Featured Replies

This is sad. Cincinnati just continues to look bad because of its superstar athletes.

 

Mike Leake is not a superstar.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can only imagine the comments if he played for the Bengals. Choices, Decisions, Consequences. That's life in a nut shell.

Mike Leake is not a superstar.

 

Starting pitcher on for the Reds, in a City with only two pro teams. He's a super star/star in Cincinnati, maybe not outside of Cincinnati but within the tri state I'd say he is.

Isn't American Rag Justin Timberlakes foray into fashion? If that is the case makes it even worse! :lol:

What's the big deal. Volquez steals more than that every time he gets a pay check.

Well if the latest story is correct this was no honest mistake. Leake is shown on video removing the security tags. What an IDIOT!!!!! He just made the Reds choice a lot easier when Cueto and Bailey are ready to come back.

 

Now that seemingly credible news orgs are reporting he removed the tags I agree. Incredibly idiotic and it honestly makes it way worse IMO. I was hoping he bought a bunch of stuff and accidentally forgot to pay for some 10 dollar t-shirts.

Im sure the gas prices are killing him. :rolleyes:
Now that could be true. :D

 

I would think so. I certainly hope this is all a big mistake, but how do you just walk out of a department store forgetting to pay for your merchandise. Leake really seems to have a better head on him than that.
This sounds like the stealing is some kind of sickness or something with him, I mean besides chronic stupidity. I wonder if he has had a history with this soty of thing, maybe in college?? Still doesn't excuse it, just that I am looking for some reason. How can any man in the position that e is in do something this insane?

 

I just heard it was T-Shirts.
:ohbrother: I've got it!! They were Cardinal t-shirts and he didn't want anyone seeing him buying them! Leake is a closet Cardinal fan :eek:!

 

Well if the latest story is correct this was no honest mistake. Leake is shown on video removing the security tags. What an IDIOT!!!!! He just made the Reds choice a lot easier when Cueto and Bailey are ready to come back.
:thumb: I really like the way that he pitches but you are exactly right

 

What's the big deal. Volquez steals more than that every time he gets a pay check.
:lol: Now thats funny right there.

 

Some people actually have an illness that they steal even though they can afford it, just for the thrill to see if they can get away with it. Wonder if this is the case for him? .

That was one idea I had, still doesn't excuse it tough. A man knows right from wrong and if the reports about him removing tags are true them if he had thought of doing that it tells me that he had to have thought about what he was doing. :idunno:

 

This is sad. Cincinnati just continues to look bad because of its superstar athletes.
I don't think that anyone could relate this one incident to the Bengal convicts down the street and Leake is not a superstar, he is a promising young pitcher in his 2nd year of pro baseball. Leake went to the bigs straight out of college.

Looks more like an immature college kid. I was sure fooled, I certainly thought he had more to him than this.

Dusty should put him in the leadoff spot to steal a few bases.

What's the big deal. Volquez steals more than that every time he gets a pay check.

 

Solid . . . . :thumb:

That was one idea I had, still doesn't excuse it tough. A man knows right from wrong and if the reports about him removing tags are true them if he had thought of doing that it tells me that he had to have thought about what he was doing. :idunno:

 

I don't think that anyone could relate this one incident to the Bengal convicts down the street and Leake is not a superstar, he is a promising young pitcher in his 2nd year of pro baseball. Leake went to the bigs straight out of college.

Looks more like an immature college kid. I was sure fooled, I certainly thought he had more to him than this.

 

 

Ok maybe I used the term "superstar" to liberally but to say he's not a star is just silly. Anyone getting piaid signing bunuses over 1.5 millionand getting paid(in their first couple years) almost half a million a year to me is a star/superstar in the area. Maybe I'm aging toooooo fast lol.

Ok, Leake is a dope. But, he is 23 years old and amount of the heist is nominal. Now mind you, I never did anything stupid as a 23 year old, or had any temporary lapses of judgment, or chased something at a bar I shouldn't have chased, or drank something I shouldn't have drank, etc., etc., so this is all hypothetical to me...but let's not give up on Mikey just yet. Tis the season of redemption and forgiveness.

He had $250 in cash on him as well as 3 Credit Cards.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.