April 20, 201115 yr Wonder if Hatch has a brother they can put on payroll that can help Leake go shopping?
April 20, 201115 yr Author Why would his attorney want to enter him into a program if he was just exchanging items? I don't buy that excuse at all. Did Leake forget what size he was when he supposedly bought the items? Where were the shirts he supposedly returned? Why not tell the security guards that when they first stop you? Wouldn't he have had the receipt with him? He's just making himself look worse.
April 20, 201115 yr I agree, but ignorance is no where near criminal. IMO. You're naive if you think Mike Leake doesn't know the simple rules of returning an item to a store. No where has anyone ever told him that you have to bring clothes back, put them down, go take security tags off of the clothes, and then take those instead. Seriously, you believe that?
April 20, 201115 yr Why would his attorney want to enter him into a program if he was just exchanging items? I don't buy that excuse at all. Did Leake forget what size he was when he supposedly bought the items? Where were the shirts he supposedly returned? Why not tell the security guards that when they first stop you? Wouldn't he have had the receipt with him? He's just making himself look worse. Completely agree..
April 20, 201115 yr It does seem like a pretty poor attempt at covers it up. I am interested to see what the security camera shows.
April 21, 201115 yr You're naive if you think Mike Leake doesn't know the simple rules of returning an item to a store. No where has anyone ever told him that you have to bring clothes back, put them down, go take security tags off of the clothes, and then take those instead. Seriously, you believe that? I'm not naive, I know it sounds pretty far fetched. Last I checked in this country we're innocent until proven guilty. If the tape shows he brought that merchandise in, then how silly does everyone look including said security guards? How do you know he didn't tell them he brought it in? He probably was trying to steal them, for whoknowswhat reason, but until that's proven and if he is saying otherwise, I'll wait and see.
April 21, 201115 yr Why would his attorney want to enter him into a program if he was just exchanging items? I don't buy that excuse at all. Did Leake forget what size he was when he supposedly bought the items? Where were the shirts he supposedly returned? Why not tell the security guards that when they first stop you? Wouldn't he have had the receipt with him? He's just making himself look worse. Thats simply how the system works. Going through the diversion program wipes it from your record and he probably does enough CS through the Reds to easily do the diversion program. Maybe the tapes are inconclusive, maybe he doesn't have a receipt (who always keeps their receipts?). I'm not defending him or what he did, but none of us know exactly what happened right now, so instead of being judge and jury why not wait and see how it turns out in court?
April 21, 201115 yr Hopefully he can pitch well today and the Reds steal a win and stay above .500 Please don't mention the word "steal" when Leake is scheduled to pitch.
April 21, 201115 yr You're naive if you think Mike Leake doesn't know the simple rules of returning an item to a store. No where has anyone ever told him that you have to bring clothes back, put them down, go take security tags off of the clothes, and then take those instead. Seriously, you believe that? I believe innocent untill proven guilty as well as the next person but with what was reported they have on him I have to agrree with you. I guess that he was just checking the security of the store, to see if they were doing there job properly.......
April 22, 201115 yr I'm not naive, I know it sounds pretty far fetched. Last I checked in this country we're innocent until proven guilty. If the tape shows he brought that merchandise in, then how silly does everyone look including said security guards? How do you know he didn't tell them he brought it in? He probably was trying to steal them, for whoknowswhat reason, but until that's proven and if he is saying otherwise, I'll wait and see. That's only in a court of law. He's been sentenced already in the court of public opinion. And I am having a really hard time believing you actual think that excuse could be legit. It is quite possibly a top 3 stupiest things I have ever heard as an excuse to anything. And I don't care what the camera shows. NO ONE, not even my 6 year old daughter, thinks if you have something to return you just go in and get what you want without telling anyone.
April 22, 201115 yr That's only in a court of law. He's been sentenced already in the court of public opinion. And I am having a really hard time believing you actual think that excuse could be legit. It is quite possibly a top 3 stupiest things I have ever heard as an excuse to anything. And I don't care what the camera shows. NO ONE, not even my 6 year old daughter, thinks if you have something to return you just go in and get what you want without telling anyone. A point that must be considered, not necessarily by the courts, but by "us". Your daughter is not a professional athlete and I'd be willing to bet Leake wouldn't have done this before he was. Not at any point am I condoning this, I'm just being realistic. Radio personalities have been putting themselves in similar situations all week. They are going to a car dealership to return a car for a different color, without asking. They don't like the way their steak is cooked at a restaurant so they will just walk into the kitchen and cook their own food....etc. For you and I, that's ludicrous. For professional athletes that have been told how important they are and how great they are, not so far fetched. Again, it's still ridiculous but that is the mindset of a lot of professional athletes...sans Sean Casey.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.