Track The NBA Playoffs

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The talent gap and level of play is astronomical.

All of the College BB purist will throw out the same tired "they don't play defense in the NBA" or "they don't care in the NBA", but that was the NBA as it was post-Jordan until about 2007. Since Kobe got Gasol, Boston go the Big 3, and LeBron came on teh league has gotten better and better.

And in true NBA fashion what will they do after the most hyped regular season in a decade? They'll have a lockout and lose some fan support again.

All of the College BB purist will throw out the same tired "they don't play defense in the NBA" or "they don't care in the NBA", but that was the NBA as it was post-Jordan until about 2007. Since Kobe got Gasol, Boston go the Big 3, and LeBron came on teh league has gotten better and better.

And in true NBA fashion what will they do after the most hyped regular season in a decade? They'll have a lockout and lose some fan support again.

Even if they do not fully care, they still play enough defense to hold any college team to about 30 points a game. Heck, we nearly had that in the national title game with nowhere near that type of talent guarding the ball. :D

Yep.......

The thing for me for why I just can't get to excited about the NBA during the regular season is because they are so talented. They are so talented that in the regular season it doesn't even look like they are going that hard, because a lot of times they don't have to. Now I do really enjoy the playoffs though, because its the best basketball players in the world going as hard as they can. Not to mention the fans at the game are more into it, so it just makes it that much more exciting.

The thing for me for why I just can't get to excited about the NBA during the regular season is because they are so talented. They are so talented that in the regular season it doesn't even look like they are going that hard, because a lot of times they don't have to. Now I do really enjoy the playoffs though, because its the best basketball players in the world going as hard as they can. Not to mention the fans at the game are more into it, so it just makes it that much more exciting.

Its hard for them to be into every game for the regular season, and to be honest I don't even like watching regular season games live because the playoffs have ruined me. I was bored to tears watching the Celtics this year, a team I had never watched with 3 hall of famers. So I can see your point.

It's a little early but I nominate the Bulls as the Cavs of the last few years. The younger team that played harder in the regular season than everyone else and hardly ever got other teams best shots because the Lakers, Heat and Celtics were still the teams to beat. Now that everyone is playing equally hard they don't have the horses to beat Boston or Miami.

I'm liking the post-pout Chris Bosh. He's had a little bit of a nasty streak going on. We'll see how he responds to Kevin Garnett calling him dirty names or Amare dunking on his face.

Joel Anthony is awful with the ball in his hands.

Its a good thing he doesn't have to worry about that much with James, Wade, and Bosh. :lol:

It's a little early but I nominate the Bulls as the Cavs of the last few years. The younger team that played harder in the regular season than everyone else and hardly ever got other teams best shots because the Lakers, Heat and Celtics were still the teams to beat. Now that everyone is playing equally hard they don't have the horses to beat Boston or Miami.

Isn't that the point of the comment? The Cavs couldn't win in the post-season either after finishing with the league's top record.

I think the Bulls have a better shot than the Cavs at pulling it off.

Isn't that the point of the comment? The Cavs couldn't win in the post-season either after finishing with the league's top record.

I think the Bulls have a better shot than the Cavs at pulling it off.

Yes.

I think they have a better shot than the Cavs because Rose is a phenom and Boozer and Noah are better than anyone LBJ played with. I just don't think they have another level they can reach. I think they played with max effort the most in the regular season.

Been saying that for about 2 months now on here.

Been saying that for about 2 months now on here.

I don't pay too much attention to the regular season and less attention to the regular season NBA threads. Good call. I do think they'll make the East finals though after Atlanta showed how to beat Orlando.