Track The NBA Playoffs

Well, it is time for the second season of NBA basketball. Literally, it lasts so long it warrants the title of second season.

What say you? Here are the matchups...

Eastern Conference

(8) Indiana @ (1) Chicago

(5) Atlanta @ (4) Orlando

(6) New York @ (3) Boston

(7) Philadelphia @ (2) Miami

Western Conference

(8) Memphis @ (1) San Antonio

(5) Denver @ (4) Oklahoma City

(7) New Orleans @ (2) Los Angeles Lakers

(6) Portland @ (3) Dallas

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Lakers win but man......I just don't know. I am looking forward to the next 2 months of NBA basketball though.

I don't know if the Lakers will win another title, but I expect they'll be ready for the playoffs. I'm glad they locked up the two seed and avoided Portland in the first round.

Denver/OKC and Portland/Dallas seem like the most intriguing first round matchups to me. The real stuff could get going in the potential second round matchups. I think all 4 second round matchups could be very competitive if the high seeds hold. I like the Lakers road to the playoffs. They avoided Portland in the first round and I'd rather face Dallas than OKC or San Antonio in the second. JMO

Miami and Boston should be a great second round series.

I don't think Miami will win the east.

I'll stick with my pre-season pick of Lakers and Celtics for the third time in 4 years. I think those two teams have been on idle for 2-3 weeks. They'll bring it when the lights come on.

The Bulls are the other team I though about picking. The hangup for me is that teams have historically had to endure some tough losses in the playoffs before getting over the hump. The Bulls with Rose have yet to advance past the first round I believe. Can a group that has yet to win a playoff series suddenly win the whole thing?

I don't think Miami will win the east.

I'll stick with my pre-season pick of Lakers and Celtics for the third time in 4 years. I think those two teams have been on idle for 2-3 weeks. They'll bring it when the lights come on.

The Bulls are the other team I though about picking. The hangup for me is that teams have historically had to endure some tough losses in the playoffs before getting over the hump. The Bulls with Rose have yet to advance past the first round I believe. Can a group that has yet to win a playoff series suddenly win the whole thing?

I say no. I think C3 said it and I have heard other pundits say it as well that the Bulls are like the Cavs with LeBron. They can make the Finals but they won't win it yet.

I say no. I think C3 said it and I have heard other pundits say it as well that the Bulls are like the Cavs with LeBron. They can make the Finals but they won't win it yet.

Yup. The Bulls are the new Cavs IMO. They have a better supporting cast but I don't think Rose is close to LeBron's level. I rate Rose as the 3rd or 4th best player in the league (its close between him and DHoward IMO), but Kobe and LeBron are on another level if you ask me. They played harder than anyone else this season, I do not trust Deng in the playoffs, he's a classic underachiever.