Track The NBA Playoffs

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...I don't care what the stats say. Rose is a significantly better shooter than Rajon Rondo.

Rose is already a great player as is, but he's got plenty of room for improvement with his shooting. My only point is that based on the strides he's made this season, there's reason to believe he will address that facet of his game and take it to the next level.

Lebron is deeper in his career, so I question how much better he's going to get as a shooter.

Yeah...I don't care what the stats say. Rose is a significantly better shooter than Rajon Rondo.

Rose is already a great player as is, but he's got plenty of room for improvement with his shooting. My only point is that based on the strides he's made this season, there's reason to believe he will address that facet of his game and take it to the next level.

Lebron is deeper in his career, so I question how much better he's going to get as a shooter.

At this point it would be very surprising to see his percentages go up.

LeBron's shooting percentage will go up alot when he loses his athleticism. I read something on him that suggested that because of his size & speed its tough for him to be able to hit anything on the run as far as a jumpshot goes. Too much mass going forward to be able to square up without completely stopping. It made sense. LeBron is either attacking the basket or fading away. He doesn't or can't just go straight up, I think its a combo of both.

LeBron's shooting percentage will go up alot when he loses his athleticism. I read something on him that suggested that because of his size & speed its tough for him to be able to hit anything on the run as far as a jumpshot goes. Too much mass going forward to be able to square up without completely stopping. It made sense. LeBron is either attacking the basket or fading away. He doesn't or can't just go straight up, I think its a combo of both.

Seriously do you really think that?

Statistically Rose has improved his three point shooting by 11% since his rookie season. He combined for 32 makes during his first two years while making over 120 this season. He's also really improved from the stripe since leaving college, 85% from the line is a great thing to have from your star PG. I also love his patent floater in the lane.

I know OKC hasn't won a playoff series yet but wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them in the conference finals. It will be interesting to see how the addition of Perkins plays out. The first round games don't do much for me but the semis and finals of each conference should be exciting.

Seriously do you really think that?

Yes, the stats show that right now he's an above average shooter from many spots on the floor. I saw Hollinger or one of the ESPN guys write the other day that LeBron was already a better shooter than Kobe, no matter what the eye ball tests say. I think over the next few years he will become a very good shooter, though not a great one like Ray Allen. Playing with the other two guys, I think that and post moves are what he'll work on next.

^ Not Really...

Player ....At Rim 3-9 Ft .10-15ft 16-23ft

Kobe ......65% ..48% ....51% .....38%

Lebron .... 72% .44% ....44% .....45%

So Kobe has a better mid-range game, LeBron is better from 16 feet plus. Mid-range is more about having a go-to move IMO than being a pure shooter. Paul Pierce probably has some great numbers around there with his step back, but I don't think anyone would say he's a lights out shooter. I think most people would say that the better shooter is the one who makes the higher percentage from 16 feet to the three point line wouldn't you?

So Kobe has a better mid-range game, LeBron is better from 16 feet plus. Mid-range is more about having a go-to move IMO than being a pure shooter. Paul Pierce probably has some great numbers around there with his step back, but I don't think anyone would say he's a lights out shooter. I think most people would say that the better shooter is the one who makes the higher percentage from 16 feet to the three point line wouldn't you?

A good shooter is someone who knocks down shots from where they take them. For Hollinger to say Lebron is a better shooter statistically is just flat wrong and the changes his percentages go up are very slim. Look at Kobe or MJ.

A good shooter is someone who knocks down shots from where they take them. For Hollinger to say Lebron is a better shooter statistically is just flat wrong and the changes his percentages go up are very slim. Look at Kobe, MJ, Paul Pierce...

Hammertime I just don't believe that at all. I'm usually right with your NBA analysis but but I think your bias is showing big-time. LeBron is already an abover average shooter from the deep two point to three point range. Why wouldn't his mid-range game improve? That is where most wings go to when their athleticism leaves. MJ's mid-range game improved, as did Kobe's, DWade's, or any other wing worth his weight. The fact that his deep game has improved so much is evidence that his mid-range game should improve if you want to abide by something I call the "history of the game". He's much improved over the course of his career. I see no reason his mid-range game will not develop. I see no valid reason why it won't, maybe you do but I would love to hear it.