UK Shirt Made Me Laugh

Watusi

I don't like UK basketball. Why would I get a current or former UK player's autograph like a UK fan got Bobby Hurley to do? That doesn't make any sense to me. Especially if I am going to buy a shirt expressing that hate. I would think that whoever buys an 'I still hate Laettner shirt' still hates Duke yet you get a Bobby Hurley autograph on the shirt? That makes no sense to me.

Because it is hilarious. Getting his former teammate to sign a shirt that says "I still hate Laettner" is very funny.

You can not like UK basketball and still have John Wall's autograph. It doesn't mean you like them if you get an autograph from a former player. I wouldn't want a Laettner autograph but would want a guy like Grant Hill's autograph. Doesn't make me a Duke fan.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.....someone hates Duke and Laettner enough to sport a shirt saying yet they get Bobby Hurley's autograph on the shirt? Now I am confused. I like John Wall but I wouldn't get his or any Wildcats autograph if my life depended on it.:ohbrother:

Obviously they don't hate Laettner enough.:lol::lol:

And that's my point exactly. The shirt was made for humor. I would say the vast majority don't hate Leattner they hate that he made that shot.

I think the shirt is hilarious....if Duke ever makes a Final Four with UK....I'll have to make up something creative for a shirt. Sidenote, I ran into a guy at breakfast, he was wearing a UK hat, and a Duke t-shirt....I was wearing a Louisville golf shirt. So weird.

Because it is hilarious. Getting his former teammate to sign a shirt that says "I still hate Laettner" is very funny.

You can not like UK basketball and still have John Wall's autograph. It doesn't mean you like them if you get an autograph from a former player. I wouldn't want a Laettner autograph but would want a guy like Grant Hill's autograph. Doesn't make me a Duke fan.

Everybody is different. I am fiercely loyal and that includes loyalty to my feelings as well. I wouldn't get Michael Jordan's autograph. To each his own. If I don't like your team then I don't want any member from that team's autograph and I can guarantee if I am wearing an 'I still hate ......' shirt you can take it the bank that I hate that player and that team. No jokes about it.:D. If I am going to announce that I hate you then I hate you. I won't want your starting point guard from the team of the player I hate the most to sign and desecrate my shirt.

I never said they were less relevant because they happened 50 years ago. I explained why I didn't value them as much as I do championships now because of the quantity of games they had to play in the big dance and gave my reasons for that. Granted, I didn't know some of the facts that has been presented in this thread since then. I also said I "put more stock" into things that have happened in my lifetime because I can relate to those things better. Never once did I say I didn't respect the past and history of sports because that would be a lie if I said that.

I also would tend to agree with you that my view could very well be reversed if the situations were reversed. But we'll never know. I just don't get how I'm disregarding the history of the game when I said I acknowledge and respect everything in the past. I just value things that have happened in my lifetime and I can relate to.

Because what you said in the first half is a direct contradiction.

I also find this hate funny from Duke fans. Before last year Duke was suppose to be a program that lost it's touch, that recruited guys not athletic enough to win a title anymore. One season made Duke relevant again. Whole body of work, last twenty years sure Duke is probably the best program. But after Jay Williams Duke was on a steady decline before last season and now they're back. For my money UNC has been the best program of the 2000s as much as I hate to say it. I would rather it be anyone than them, but that's how I feel. I don't know that but I may think Kansas been just as impressive as Duke if not more over the course of the 2000s, and I hate them & don't hate Duke.

I also find this hate funny from Duke fans. Before last year Duke was suppose to be a program that lost it's touch, that recruited guys not athletic enough to win a title anymore. One season made Duke relevant again. Whole body of work, last twenty years sure Duke is probably the best program. But after Jay Williams Duke was on a steady decline before last season and now they're back. For my money UNC has been the best program of the 2000s as much as I hate to say it. I would rather it be anyone than them, but that's how I feel. I don't know that but I may think Kansas been just as impressive as Duke if not more over the course of the 2000s, and I hate them & don't hate Duke.

Wrong. Despite Duke's ineptitude against UAB and Villanova they have yet to play in the NIT like UNC has since 2000. They have won 9 of the last 12 ACC tourney titles, they have more wins than UNC since 2000 and the same amount of titles. All with the same coach. UNC can say none of that and they would still be my pick for 2nd best since 2000. Followed by Florida and UConn.

As for Kansas.....how can a team with 1 title in the past 11 years full of multiple winners since 2000(Duke, UNC, Florida and now UConn)be just as impressive? Other than their last 3 years I can't remember much about them from 2000. Please refresh my memory and tell me how they are more impressive than Duke since 2000 if you can do so before I get home and check the stats for myself. Off the top of my head I would think Michigan State is more impressive than Kansas as well but I am open for discussion.

Only Duke haters said that about Duke. Duke was and still is consistently great year in and year out despite their final showing in a single elimination tourney. With the exception of JJ and Shelden's senior year and this year what year did Duke underachieve? Duke made the Final Four in 2004(2 years after Jay Williams....some decline) and made at least the Sweet 16 every year except 1. No one else in college basketball can say that since 2000 can they? UNC and UConn both played in the NIT. Florida maybe?

Everybody is different. I am fiercely loyal and that includes loyalty to my feelings as well. I wouldn't get Michael Jordan's autograph. To each his own. If I don't like your team then I don't want any member from that team's autograph and I can guarantee if I am wearing an 'I still hate ......' shirt you can take it the bank that I hate that player and that team. No jokes about it.:D. If I am going to announce that I hate you then I hate you. I won't want your starting point guard from the team of the player I hate the most to sign and desecrate my shirt.

I can honestly say that I don't want anyones autograph, no matter what team,who it is or anything. I know alot of people do with entertainers,sports stars,etc. and thats o.k. I guess. I just never did get into that. Only exception would be if I tought that I could go to some collectibles store or somewhere like that and sell it.

I can honestly say that I don't want anyones autograph, no matter what team,who it is or anything. I know alot of people do with entertainers,sports stars,etc. and thats o.k. I guess. I just never did get into that. Only exception would be if I tought that I could go to some collectibles store or somewhere like that and sell it.

I would get autographs of my favorites. That's it.

^How about the year they got bounced by VCU in the first round? That team underachieved big time.

I though it was UAB. Was it VCU? I remember it was Josh McRoberts last year if I am not mistaken. The Josh McRoberts year were 2 underachieving years. I think those were the only non Sweet 16 years but I could be wrong. I am on my phone and can't research fast enough to my liking due to everyone making 'mobile sites' that aren't as efficient as the regular site which take way too long to load from my phone. I need the new iPhone. This 3G is too old.

I though it was UAB. Was it VCU? I remember it was Josh McRoberts last year if I am not mistaken. The Josh McRoberts year were 2 underachieving years. I think those were the only non Sweet 16 years but I could be wrong. I am on my phone and can't research fast enough to my liking due to everyone making 'mobile sites' that aren't as efficient as the regular site which take way too long to load from my phone. I need the new iPhone. This 3G is too old.

Eric Maynor and the Anthony Grant led Rams my friend.