UK Shirt Made Me Laugh

Watusi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purple you and I both know few thought Duke was a major threat to win last year. Early exits came to be Duke's calling card in the 2000s.

Won it all in 2001, Final Four in 04' and sweet 16s in every year except the year VCU beat them in the first round I believe. They were a 1 seed how were they not a major threat?

Won it all in 2001, Final Four in 04' and sweet 16s in every year except the year VCU beat them in the first round I believe. They were a 1 seed how were they not a major threat?

But the Sweet 16 was where they usually got beat out. And last year how many people had Duke winning even as a one seed? The perception of them was different before the tourney last year, oh what a difference a year makes.

But the Sweet 16 was where they usually got beat out. And last year how many people had Duke winning even as a one seed? The perception of them was different before the tourney last year, oh what a difference a year makes.

I agree, I didn't even have Duke winning it all. I had UK knocking them out in the Final Four... But they were definitely a serious threat hence their #1 seed.

I agree, I didn't even have Duke winning it all. I had UK knocking them out in the Final Four... But they were definitely a serious threat hence their #1 seed.

Perception was that they were not recruiting the type of athletes to get it done which was obviously wrong. But, had this entire conversation happened last year during the season, everyone would have been singin a different tune. JMO

Yeah, one year does make a huge difference. That one year of winning it when they weren't expected to added validity to their greatness and mystique that is Duke. Maybe the 10th best team ever at Duke won one of the four titles that Duke has. Either way it goes if you dial it back to 2000 like you did you still aren't going to find one school that has done better than Duke over that time period. The time period that you introduced.

Still waiting for the Kansas evidence......

Purple you and I both know few thought Duke was a major threat to win last year. Early exits came to be Duke's calling card in the 2000s.

Early exits became commonplace for everyone. Tubby moved on because of early exits and Billy G got fired because he couldn't find an early exit. Calhoun started cheating because of early exits. Roy Williams cried because of early exits and NIT failure. Coach K lost it and then found it again because of early exits. Rick Pitino was blackmailed because of an early exit.

It happens.

Ultimately, early exits probably shouldn't be a sign of how good a program or coach is. The whole body of work should be and I think this year's tourney is a good reason why. JMO.

Perception was that they were not recruiting the type of athletes to get it done which was obviously wrong. But, had this entire conversation happened last year during the season, everyone would have been singin a different tune. JMO

I had that conversation many times before last year. I didn't buy it then and I don't buy it now. And they were recruiting those athletes they just weren't picking Duke. When a school exits early people start trying to pick things apart but ultimately it is a single elimination tourney and the best team doesn't always win.

Everybody is different. I am fiercely loyal and that includes loyalty to my feelings as well. I wouldn't get Michael Jordan's autograph. To each his own. If I don't like your team then I don't want any member from that team's autograph and I can guarantee if I am wearing an 'I still hate ......' shirt you can take it the bank that I hate that player and that team. No jokes about it.:D. If I am going to announce that I hate you then I hate you. I won't want your starting point guard from the team of the player I hate the most to sign and desecrate my shirt.

Everybody is different for sure but me getting Michael Jordan's autograph doesn't make me any less loyal to UK than if I refused to get it.

Everybody is different for sure but me getting Michael Jordan's autograph doesn't make me any less loyal to UK than if I refused to get it.

That is why I said to each his own. My extreme dislike for UNC and anything affiliated with UNC will not allow me to desire anything from UNC. I never liked Jordan. Never. Except his shoes.:D

Purple your misunderstanding what I'm saying. I said that perception was wrong, but that doesn't mean that it was not a popular thought train of thought concerning Duke.

Gotcha. I definitely had that discussion many many times and in a factory the words aren't as politically correct.:sssh::D