April 2, 201115 yr You people need to stop taking life so seriously. Have a little fun. Couldn't agree more.
April 3, 201115 yr Cool, but why wear a shirt that says so? Why not wear a 2011 UK Final Four shirt in support of this years team instead? I'll bet Aminu Timberlake would wear that shirt .
April 3, 201115 yr GRC, they were sporting that shirt at the SEC tourney in Atlanta this year. I understand it but I don't understand it. I won't be sporting an 'I still hate Jared Jeffries' or an 'I still hate Derrick Williams' shirt ever in my life but to each his own I guess. In a weird way I guess it is pretty awesome for the Big Blue Nation to sport a shirt honoring one of the top 15 players ever in college basketball and likely the greatest Duke player ever. In that aspect....I can dig it.:thumb:
April 3, 201115 yr GRC, they were sporting that shirt at the SEC tourney in Atlanta this year. I understand it but I don't understand it. I won't be sporting an 'I still hate Jared Jeffries' or an 'I still hate Derrick Williams' shirt ever in my life but to each his own I guess. In a weird way I guess it is pretty awesome for the Big Blue Nation to sport a shirt honoring one of the top 15 players ever in college basketball and likely the greatest Duke player ever. In that aspect....I can dig it.:thumb: Think about how special that UK team was to Cats fans. That team overachieved so much, & meant so much for UK getting back from probation. They were about to upset Duke (sounds weird for UK to be the upset-er), & Leattner hits that shot. It's not just Leattner, it's everything that goes into that game IMO, is why the hate is there.
April 3, 201115 yr Think about how special that UK team was to Cats fans. That team overachieved so much, & meant so much for UK getting back from probation. They were about to upset Duke (sounds weird for UK to be the upset-er), & Leattner hits that shot. It's not just Leattner, it's everything that goes into that game IMO, is why the hate is there. So will they hate Kemba for beating this underdog UK team and ending their magical run say 10 years from now?
April 3, 201115 yr So will they hate Kemba for beating this underdog UK team and ending their magical run say 10 years from now? No. While the need to get over the game probably should have passed, the glamorization with the game outside of just the two teams involved does exist whether people want to admit that or not.
April 3, 201115 yr Think about how special that UK team was to Cats fans. That team overachieved so much, & meant so much for UK getting back from probation. They were about to upset Duke (sounds weird for UK to be the upset-er), & Leattner hits that shot. It's not just Leattner, it's everything that goes into that game IMO, is why the hate is there. Oh, I know. Like I said...I understand...but I don't understand. We are going on 20 years now. I know 12 year olds that hate Laettner. This shirt made more sense 10 years ago and especially in 1998. In 2011? Not so much. My attitude is.....move along people....there is nothing to see here. And then 50% of BBN acts as though they have moved on but I bet this shirt is one of the biggest sellers amongst UK t shirts this year.
April 3, 201115 yr I think this is when Coach K would say..... They don't want to beat Duke. They want to BE DUKE!
April 3, 201115 yr I think this is when Coach K would say..... They don't want to beat Duke. They want to BE DUKE! So Kentucky wants to give up 3 National Championships, over 100 wins, and a 7% better winning percentage?
April 3, 201115 yr I am as True a fan as they got , I Love Uk basketball now and I loved it then and I still HATE Laetner also .:dancingpa:dancingpa :thumb: :lol: Same here.
April 3, 201115 yr So Kentucky wants to give up 3 National Championships, over 100 wins, and a 7% better winning percentage? Exactly! :lol: U.K. Basketball......Envy our Past, Fear our Future!!
April 3, 201115 yr So Kentucky wants to give up 3 National Championships, over 100 wins, and a 7% better winning percentage? Take away those three championships when you only had to win 3 games tops to be the CHAMPION, and they are right on par. Over the past 20 years, heck yeah UK would like to be Duke.
April 3, 201115 yr Think about how special that UK team was to Cats fans. That team overachieved so much, & meant so much for UK getting back from probation. They were about to upset Duke (sounds weird fotr UK to be the upset-er), & Leattner hits that shot. It's not just Leattner, it's everything that goes into that game IMO, is why the hate is there. Good post, I joked about the shirt but you described it well. Actually, for me it was more the fact that Laettner should had been ejected from that game long before that play.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.