March 25, 201115 yr Duke had less than 10 rebounds in the second half While Zona had 10 with fifteen minutes left. This and the fact Zona didn't miss did Duke in. Anybody have their fg% in the second half?
March 25, 201115 yr St Johns at MSG and as I was told back then at least once or twice every regular season... It does GT. No explanation for it but it does...
March 25, 201115 yr Just finished my press conference on Facebook. Well, this sucked. No rebounding in the second half. I hate to see Nolan Smith's career end that way. This was supposed to be Duke's year and they ran into a buzzsaw. So glad it was the Arizona Wildcats and not the UK Wildcats.
March 25, 201115 yr Just like playing in the West region last year got them then? Try again... Ark Pine Bluff,Cal,Purdue,Baylor,W.Va and Butler (by two) ...good preseason schedule to get you a 4 seed.
March 25, 201115 yr Ark Pine Bluff,Cal,Purdue,Baylor,W.Va and Butler (by two) ...good preseason schedule to get you a 4 seed. In Jacksonville, Houston and Indianapolis. No games in the 'friendly confines of North Carolina'. When the NCAA tourney is at the Yum Center UK will likely play there. Recognize the pod system. Been in place for years.
March 25, 201115 yr Derrick Williams could arguably be playing himself into a possible #1 overall pick. Chad Ford on ESPN currently has him as the #5 ranked overall prospect for draft and the way he has played thus far in the tournament, he is doing nothing but raising his stock.
March 25, 201115 yr That was as impressive a second-half performance as I've seen in the NCAA tournament in a long time.
March 25, 201115 yr And I guarantee Arizona comes out flat as can be, not hitting a shot, and UConn makes it to the Final Four...
March 25, 201115 yr And I guarantee Arizona comes out flat as can be, not hitting a shot, and UConn makes it to the Final Four... Flat out wrong. The Williams kid is unstoppable. Tell me how UCONN will stop him?? I think this is wishful thinking as a Duke fan. Arizona was dominant tonight and they will not come out flat on Saturday. This will be a good game.
March 25, 201115 yr In Jacksonville, Houston and Indianapolis. No games in the 'friendly confines of North Carolina'. When the NCAA tourney is at the Yum Center UK will likely play there. Recognize the pod system. Been in place for years. Next season, UK will be a #1 seed playing in their home state. About time. Amen.
March 25, 201115 yr I can't ever recall seeing a Duke team look as stunned and lost on the court as they did in the middle of the second half. They were throwing balls away, couldn't stop anyone, zero rebounding and they all looked just completely lost out there. It was like they all had Rocky vision and they were stuck in the first few rounds of the fight. Props, to Duke, their fan and Coach K on a great season.
March 25, 201115 yr Im still trying to figure out if there was anything Duke could have done in that second half. Nothing comes to mind. I'll comment more on this game tommorrow. Gotta sleep this one off.
March 25, 201115 yr I do wanna say that I am going to miss Singler and Smith next year. They had a great 4 years and gave so much to the Duke fans to cheer about. They will go down in my book as a pair of one of my favorite Dukies.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.