March 25, 201115 yr Arizona went on a 13-0 run and Duke simply never recovered. The Wildcats did very, very little wrong in the second half.
March 25, 201115 yr I can't ever recall seeing a Duke team look as stunned and lost on the court as they did in the middle of the second half. They were throwing balls away, couldn't stop anyone, zero rebounding and they all looked just completely lost out there.
March 25, 201115 yr 2nd #1 seed down and another night before the Sweet 16 is over. Congratulations to Arizona and Coach Miller on the biggest win in a long time.
March 25, 201115 yr Sean Miller is making a pretty good run in his second season. That's what I've been thinking too; the season has definitely been good for him.
March 25, 201115 yr Zona guarded in the second half and Duke did not. Layup after layup, offensive rebounding. Been a long time since I seen a Duke team panic as bad as they did tonight. Been a pretty good run for Singler, Smith and company. Singler probably hurt his stock by coming back this year. Derek Williams is a beast.
March 25, 201115 yr I can't ever recall seeing a Duke team look as stunned and lost on the court as they did in the middle of the second half. They were throwing balls away, couldn't stop anyone, zero rebounding and they all looked just completely lost out there. St Johns at MSG and as I was told back then at least once or twice every regular season...
March 25, 201115 yr St Johns at MSG and as I was told back then at least once or twice every regular season... Very true; and many tried arguing that Duke was far better than any team in the whole Big East. It didn't take this loss for me to realize that; between how they finished last Sunday against Michigan and the St. John's game was more than enough of an indicator for me.
March 25, 201115 yr St Johns at MSG and as I was told back then at least once or twice every regular season... Then you would think they would have figured out something to do if that situation happened again. Obviously they didn't. I think you have to put some of this on Coach K. He seemed as lost as the players tonight.
March 25, 201115 yr Duke had less than 10 rebounds in the second half While Zona had 10 with fifteen minutes left.
March 25, 201115 yr Weren't Duke fans last year saying that this was the year Duke would be scary good? Kinda ironic now.
March 25, 201115 yr St Johns at MSG and as I was told back then at least once or twice every regular season... Almost identical outcome at 93-78.
March 25, 201115 yr Weren't Duke fans last year saying that this was the year Duke would be scary good? Kinda ironic now. Sure was... lol we'll take it when we can get it I guess. But this was definitely supposed to be Dukes year...
March 25, 201115 yr Playing outside the friendly confines of North Carolina got them. Just like playing in the West region last year got them then? Try again...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.