March 25, 201115 yr GRC, I believe it was you sir....Remember back in January when I said that Derrick Williams was the #1 pick and that he was a better player than Singler? And you just couldn't agree....How about now?
March 25, 201115 yr Like most in this thread, I don't care for Duke but I have a lot of respect for Nolan Smith. A very solid college bball player. Derrick Williams...wow!
March 25, 201115 yr I heard ESPN had Dickey V and Jay Bilas on suicide watch.:laugh::banana: Jay Bilas is not even close to being a Duke homer. Vitale loves on UK nearly as much as Duke as well.
March 25, 201115 yr GRC, I believe it was you sir....Remember back in January when I said that Derrick Williams was the #1 pick and that he was a better player than Singler? And you just couldn't agree....How about now? :popcorn:
March 25, 201115 yr I couldn't disagree more. Kyrie played great last night and showed why he is a top 5 pick. Singler had a great first half as well. Nolan picked up 2 fouls early and never got into a good rhythm. Nolan even took over the point while Kyrie was out there and averaged over 17 points a game in games played with Kyrie. Last year he played with Scheyer and Singler so playing with Irving and Singler shouldn't hinder anything. Nolan just had a bad game. Getting murdered down low on the boards hurt more than anything else but when you have a talent like Kyrie Irving you don't leave him on the bench. He wasn't guarding Williams or Mo Mo either. Nothing I saw in the second half leads me to believe that Kyrie shouldn't have been playing. I do not think anyone will argue that Irving was not good last night... that was not the point of Cats post. Like I stated in the thread from a few days ago, inserting Irving back in would have an effect on the team chemistry which has been developed through the season. It is negligent to say otherwise, imo. I am not saying it is the reason they lost - it probably would not have mattered - but it is an entirely different Duke team that won the ACC tournament and earned a #1 seed. Jameer Nelson is a good example when the Magic played the Lakers in the Finals. When your entire rotation is different all of a sudden, it takes a while for everything to click. But as Bilas pointed out, it was the right thing to do in playing Irving. I do not disagree with that. I was in the minority that believed it would hurt Duke and why I picked Arizona in my bracket against them.
March 25, 201115 yr I do not think anyone will argue that Irving was not good last night... that was not the point of Cats post. Like I stated in the thread from a few days ago, inserting Irving back in would have an effect on the team chemistry which has been developed through the season. It is negligent to say otherwise, imo. I am not saying it is the reason they lost - it probably would not have mattered - but it is an entirely different Duke team that won the ACC tournament and earned a #1 seed. Jameer Nelson is a good example when the Magic played the Lakers in the Finals. When your entire rotation is different all of a sudden, it takes a while for everything to click. But as Bilas pointed out, it was the right thing to do in playing Irving. I do not disagree with that. I was in the minority that believed it would hurt Duke and why I picked Arizona in my bracket against them. Irving playing had no affect on Arizona flat out being a buzzsaw last night. If Duke played bad I would agree but if you look at the stats they really didn't play all that bad...
March 25, 201115 yr And I guarantee Arizona comes out flat as can be, not hitting a shot, and UConn makes it to the Final Four... My Brackets Hopes so .:thumb:
March 25, 201115 yr Irving playing had no affect on Arizona flat out being a buzzsaw last night. If Duke played bad I would agree but if you look at the stats they really didn't play all that bad... Exactly. I just listened to Jay Williams say it was Kyrie Irving's fault that Smitty settled for jumpers instead of attacking the basket. People also forget that Nolan took over the point from KI as well. At least it isn't Duke fans saying Kyrie messed up the chemistry because then we would be making excuses.:lol:
March 25, 201115 yr Exactly. I just listened to Jay Williams say it was Kyrie Irving's fault that Smitty settled for jumpers instead of attacking the basket. People also forget that Nolan took over the point from KI as well. At least it isn't Duke fans saying Kyrie messed up the chemistry because then we would be making excuses.:lol: After finally getting to witness Derrick Williams, you still think Kyrie is the #1 pick? Williams is a double double machine in the NBA IMO.
March 25, 201115 yr After finally getting to witness Derrick Williams, you still think Kyrie is the #1 pick? Williams is a double double machine in the NBA IMO. UKMustangFan was it you that told me you'd take Williams over Singler any day of the week?
March 25, 201115 yr UKMustangFan was it you that told me you'd take Williams over Singler any day of the week? That it was, that it was.
March 25, 201115 yr That it was, that it was. I made a post last night, can't remember which one whether it was the update thread or this one. I said since I was biased and Singler brought Duke a championship I'd still take Singler any and every day but I see why EVERY other fan of college basketball would take Williams. :thumb:
March 25, 201115 yr Irving playing had no affect on Arizona flat out being a buzzsaw last night. If Duke played bad I would agree but if you look at the stats they really didn't play all that bad... Which is why I said "it probably would not have mattered". But I still contend the team chemistry had not fully come together yet.
March 25, 201115 yr After finally getting to witness Derrick Williams, you still think Kyrie is the #1 pick? Williams is a double double machine in the NBA IMO. I think it depends on who gets the first pick and need in all honesty. I don't know that Irving has ever been more than a top 3 pick. I have heard him mentioned as a the top pick but I don't see how that can be rock solid after watching Williams assassinate the Duke bigs like he did. He embarrassed them like Niño embarrassed G Money in New Jack City.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.