Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Do the John Wall Now!"

Featured Replies

Mr. Liggins invited WVU to perform their mocking dance. I guess they declined.

 

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved this. Obviously not all of them were taking part in the "John Wall" dance last year, but as a team I think they definitely had it coming to them.

Saw this on KSR last night. Liggins makes me smile!

 

:thumb:

 

He's got just the right amount of attitude.

Glad we won, but I'm not big on this being a "revenge" game. Had this been for a Final Four berth, then maybe. But it was a second round game. They still have the better of us IMO.

  • Author
Glad we won, but I'm not big on this being a "revenge" game. Had this been for a Final Four berth, then maybe. But it was a second round game. They still have the better of us IMO.

 

I don't look at it as a revenge game either.

 

However, I don't think you can not remind the team that last year's bunch chose to mock the team.

 

From a competitor's standpoint I get it.

Glad we won, but I'm not big on this being a "revenge" game. Had this been for a Final Four berth, then maybe. But it was a second round game. They still have the better of us IMO.

 

Definitely good to beat them, especially for Cal to get the Huggins bear off his back. Also good to see the team improve, because if this was played mid-season, I think our guys fold. Glad to see Liggins dishing out the smack (he earned it), especially to Kevin Jones who I believe was the big instigator of the John Wall mocking last year.

 

But I agree with your point in that I'd have rather won last year's game than this year's.

Glad we won, but I'm not big on this being a "revenge" game. Had this been for a Final Four berth, then maybe. But it was a second round game. They still have the better of us IMO.

 

I agree...UK beat a West Va team that finished 6th in the conference amd was eliminated in the first round of the conference tourney. If you want to hang your hat on that, Congrats.

 

Punk move by Liggins, IMO.

 

And this post will be quoted by a UK fan in 5....4...3...2...1.....

Definitely good to beat them, especially for Cal to get the Huggins bear off his back. Also good to see the team improve, because if this was played mid-season, I think our guys fold. Glad to see Liggins dishing out the smack (he earned it), especially to Kevin Jones who I believe was the big instigator of the John Wall mocking last year.

 

But I agree with your point in that I'd have rather won last year's game than this year's.

 

It was Flowers who started the John Wall thing last year...not Jones.

I agree...UK beat a West Va team that finished 6th in the conference amd was eliminated in the first round of the conference tourney. If you want to hang your hat on that, Congrats.

 

Punk move by Liggins, IMO. And UK fans wonder so many people dislike them. Why would you talk trash like that after winning? Be the bigger man and let your play on the court do the talking.

I totally disagree with that. I'm not the world's greatest UK homer either. A kid calling out a team that disrespected them last year, no more, no less. The problem is we tend to want to read way more into it than is there.

Liggins is nothing but a punk, just another example of it. Cal obviously finds this behavior ok though, I mean he taunted Reggie Buckner in SEC tourney now this.

It was Flowers who started the John Wall thing last year...not Jones.

 

Could have been Flowers, but Jones was clearly a participant.

 

I'm not a fan of smack-talk myself. But when someone else does it, I don't mind my team dishing it out in return, which is essentially what we had in the game Saturday. And in this day and age, with kids thumping their chests or pulling at the corner of their jerseys or what have you, trash-talking has become as much a part of the game as the zone defense or transition offense. I don't know that it's fair to single out Liggins' actions as a "punk move" when clearly there are many other players in basically every game doing similar things.

Liggins is nothing but a punk, just another example of it. Cal obviously finds this behavior ok though, I mean he taunted Reggie Buckner in SEC tourney now this.

 

Poor Reggie. :cry::cry:

 

If I'm not mistaken Reggie kinda ran his mouth prior to the game didn't he?

 

If a UK player did what Flowers did last year I would expect someone to retaliate.

  • Author

If a UK player did what Flowers did last year I would expect someone to retaliate.

 

Without question.

I totally disagree with that. I'm not the world's greatest UK homer either. A kid calling out a team that disrespected them last year, no more, no less. The problem is we tend to want to read way more into it than is there.

 

And to prove that, while being an avid UK fan but not a homer myself, I would disagree with this to an extent. Yes, Liggins said what he said solely because of what had transpired last season. And I don't hold any ill will toward him for it.

 

But on the other hand, this has become the norm for Liggins this year. Mark Krebs, who has been a KSR guest in recent days, has spoken of what Liggins says to opponents (and does a very good impression of Deandre to boot) during games. He says this is Liggins' style--to talk smack and get into the heads of his opponents. Lest we forget the Ole Miss SEC game & both Tennessee games when Liggins was doing quite a big of jawing. It's the way he plays, and I'm not the biggest fan of it. But in the instance Saturday, I totally approve.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.