Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Do the John Wall Now!"

Featured Replies

Glad we won, but I'm not big on this being a "revenge" game. Had this been for a Final Four berth, then maybe. But it was a second round game. They still have the better of us IMO.

 

I certainly was looking at it as a revenge game. As far as I'm concerned, anybody if a team ends my season early and takes away my ability to compete until the next year, I'm out for revenge the next season. Honestly, why wouldn't it be a revenge game?

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
And to prove that, while being an avid UK fan but not a homer myself, I would disagree with this to an extent. Yes, Liggins said what he said solely because of what had transpired last season. And I don't hold any ill will toward him for it.

 

But on the other hand, this has become the norm for Liggins this year. Mark Krebs, who has been a KSR guest in recent days, has spoken of what Liggins says to opponents (and does a very good impression of Deandre to boot) during games. He says this is Liggins' style--to talk smack and get into the heads of his opponents. Lest we forget the Ole Miss SEC game & both Tennessee games when Liggins was doing quite a big of jawing. It's the way he plays, and I'm not the biggest fan of it. But in the instance Saturday, I totally approve.

 

I can certainly see where not everyone is a big fan of talking. I have no issues with that line of thinking.

 

I do not have a problem with talking as long as you're prepared to have it thrown back at you and you handle it appropriately.

 

I had no problem with WVU doing the John Wall dance last year. Likewise, I have no problem with 34 reminding them of it this year as the walk off of the floor for the last time. They gave it. They got it. All's good.

  • Author
Lets hope he can get in Dieblers head on Friday.

 

I don't care about getting in his head. I just want him to get in the way of his shot.

I certainly was looking at it as a revenge game. As far as I'm concerned, anybody if a team ends my season early and takes away my ability to compete until the next year, I'm out for revenge the next season. Honestly, why wouldn't it be a revenge game?

 

Because the teams, personel, situation, venue, stakes and season were all different.

I do not have a problem with talking as long as you're prepared to have it thrown back at you and you handle it appropriately.

 

Which is why I would give two thumbs up to Mazzulla, who was standing right next to Liggins when he made the statement, "Do the John Wall now!" Watching the replay, Mazzulla just went on through the line & had a look on his face that said, "They beat us. We did this to them. There's nothing for me to say." Of course, Mazzulla had just played his last game ever, so that may have factored into it; but I have to hand it to him for taking the taunting so well.

Liggins is nothing but a punk, just another example of it. Cal obviously finds this behavior ok though, I mean he taunted Reggie Buckner in SEC tourney now this.

 

Well then if that's the case, he'd fit right in at Ole Miss. Heck the Ole Miss coach is a punk bigot.

:thumb:

 

He's got just the right amount of attitude.

 

I agree.

Wait.. we're mad because Liggins didn't like this? Skip to 0:45 I see at least 4 different WVU players doing it.

 

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/03/28/dasean-butler-and-john-flowers-of-west-virginia-do-the-john-wall-dance-after-beating-kentucky/

 

Liggins can talk all he wants as long as he doesn't get T'd up. I believe he's only been T'd once this year. I'll take it all day every day.

 

EDIT:

[video=youtube;2X28-OBeBOM]

I don't care about getting in his head. I just want him to get in the way of his shot.

 

:lol:

 

Well then if that's the case, he'd fit right in at Ole Miss. Heck the Ole Miss coach is a punk bigot.

 

:lol::lol:

Liggins is nothing but a punk, just another example of it. Cal obviously finds this behavior ok though, I mean he taunted Reggie Buckner in SEC tourney now this.

 

DId he ? Poor Reggie Buckner . Smack talk is part of the game anymore ask the kid from Pitt that Sheldon Mack stood in front of and talked to him for about a minute Saturday Night . I am sure he wasn't asking about his family or his kids .

I am not for a lot of things about trash and smack talking ,but I believe Liggins did nothing wrong in showing heart and standing up for his team and Former teammate . I expected someone to do it ,you think they wouldn't have probably repeated their acts if they won .

DId he ? Poor Reggie Buckner . Smack talk is part of the game anymore ask the kid from Pitt that Sheldon Mack stood in front of and talked to him for about a minute Saturday Night . I am sure he wasn't asking about his family or his kids .

 

I think I read somewhere that Mack was actually just having small talk with the guy from Pitt. Asking where he was from and stuff like that.

  • Author
DId he ? Poor Reggie Buckner . Smack talk is part of the game anymore ask the kid from Pitt that Sheldon Mack stood in front of and talked to him for about a minute Saturday Night . I am sure he wasn't asking about his family or his kids .

 

Actually that wasn't smack talk.

Not a UK fan but I love it. Anybody calling Liggins a punk because of this needs to revaluate themselves...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.