Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Do the John Wall Now!"

Featured Replies

Liggins is nothing but a punk, just another example of it. Cal obviously finds this behavior ok though, I mean he taunted Reggie Buckner in SEC tourney now this.

 

This one is for you and all the other UK haters!

 

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like trash talking that remains on the game. I don't like it when it gets personal. Family/friends/significant others should be off limits. Anything else is fair game.

 

WVU should have expected Liggins reaction to the UK victory, IMO.

Liggins is nothing but a punk, just another example of it. Cal obviously finds this behavior ok though, I mean he taunted Reggie Buckner in SEC tourney now this.
As others have said, sounds like an ax to grind. And I guess this was OKAY? Liggins gave them what they deserved! UT did the same thing when they beat UK at UT, I like UT as well, but when you mock a player from another team when you beat them you deserve payback, and WVU got it ;)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oof9pZ6CWD0

People here are funny, it's ok because West Virginia did it last year, but WVU shouldn't have done it last year is the general tone I get from this? Trash talking post game is beyond me. I understand people getting heating and jawing in the game, but after the game is over let the scoreboard do the talking, it says all you need to know. And in both case with Liggins it clearly said good things for him, so why risk a fight, or risk getting yourself in to trouble? Honestly why even go through the line to shake their hand? Isn't the handshake line suppose to be about sportsmanship and showing that it is just a game?

Well then if that's the case, he'd fit right in at Ole Miss. Heck the Ole Miss coach is a punk bigot.

 

You don't have a clue about that night, the cab driver was the one that called our assistant coach the N word. That's what started that whole ordeal. That's the reason he wasn't fired over it, and the reason he was never convicted of assault. He was guilty of being drunk and being disorderly which is what he plead guilty to. Out of line? Definitely. Shameful? Without a doubt. But you don't know that whole story.

People here are funny, it's ok because West Virginia did it last year, but WVU shouldn't have done it last year is the general tone I get from this? Trash talking post game is beyond me. I understand people getting heating and jawing in the game, but after the game is over let the scoreboard do the talking, it says all you need to know. And in both case with Liggins it clearly said good things for him, so why risk a fight, or risk getting yourself in to trouble? Honestly why even go through the line to shake their hand? Isn't the handshake line suppose to be about sportsmanship and showing that it is just a game?

 

It's all fun and games. You are taking this way too serious than what it really is. West Virginia had fun celebrating their win to advance onto the Final Four (albeit at the expense of mocking John Wall, but it's not like any personal damage came from it). UK won this game, and Liggins had fun poking back at what happened last year. Big whoop. In no way, shape, or form does that make anybody a punk. If so, myself along with the majority of this board could be labeled as a punk then IMO.

I've now heard the "rest of the story" regarding the International Incident. Please take off your blinders HT. Kennedy's behavior was deplorable and inexcusable. Please don't try to defend this guy on that night.

^I've now heard the "rest of the story" regarding the International Incident. Please take off your blinders HT. Kennedy's behavior was deplorable and inexcusable. Please don't try to defend this guy on that night.

 

Oh I'm not defending his actions, you are right they are inexcusable, a coach in his position should never be out like that, but to say he is a bigot is just not knowing the facts of what went down. Doesn't mean he was in the right, or he behaved the way someone like him should have behaved, but it doesn't make him a racist bigot either.

Oh I'm not defending his actions, you are right they are inexcusable, a coach in his position should never be out like that, but to say he is a bigot is just not knowing the facts of what went down. Doesn't mean he was in the right, or he behaved the way someone like him should have behaved, but it doesn't make him a racist bigot either.

 

I must have missed the post referencing anyone being a racist. ??

It's all fun and games. You are taking this way too serious than what it really is. West Virginia had fun celebrating their win to advance onto the Final Four (albeit at the expense of mocking John Wall, but it's not like any personal damage came from it). UK won this game, and Liggins had fun poking back at what happened last year. Big whoop. In no way, shape, or form does that make anybody a punk. If so, myself along with the majority of this board could be labeled as a punk then IMO.

 

Do you really think from that video he was just poking fun? Poking fun is one thing but he looked to be going a little beyond poking fun. Like I said I don't think what WVU did was right last year either, but two wrongs don't make a right either, and rubbing things in your opponents face doesn't make you look like a good person, it does make you look like a punk. You are also talking about a guy with multiple technicals this season for jawing, so it's not like this is the only questionable thing he's done. And again, why try and go through the handshake line if you just want to run your mouth to them and you really don't want to shake their hand?

 

Not to mention this WVU team and this years UK team are almost completely different, so are the people he yelled this at the ones that were doing it last year, or our they no longer at WVU?

I must have missed the post referencing anyone being a racist. ??

 

Bigot usually defined as "a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race". I may have read racist in to it, so if he didn't mean racist, then my mistake.

Liggins is nothing but a punk, just another example of it. Cal obviously finds this behavior ok though, I mean he taunted Reggie Buckner in SEC tourney now this.

 

Hilarious.

You don't have a clue about that night, the cab driver was the one that called our assistant coach the N word. That's what started that whole ordeal. That's the reason he wasn't fired over it, and the reason he was never convicted of assault. He was guilty of being drunk and being disorderly which is what he plead guilty to. Out of line? Definitely. Shameful? Without a doubt. But you don't know that whole story.

 

I'm with you and you probably know more about it than I do. There has to be more to that story otherwise he would've been gone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.