Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 70 Florida 54

Featured Replies

Watched this game the same time that the Duke game was going on and I will say I'm impressed. UK might have snuck into the last 2 seed with their performance today.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cats are making me so proud today. Once again, Cal has them peaking at the right time. Congrats to D. Miller on the MVP. Great day to be a CAT fan indeed.

Watched this game the same time that the Duke game was going on and I will say I'm impressed. UK might have snuck into the last 2 seed with their performance today.

 

Don't toy with my emotions.

Watched this game the same time that the Duke game was going on and I will say I'm impressed. UK might have snuck into the last 2 seed with their performance today.

 

I hope but I think we get a 3 seed.

Don't toy with my emotions.

 

I hope but I think we get a 3 seed.

 

Come on guys, you dont know how much it stung for me to post that :lol:

Come on guys, you dont know how much it stung for me to post that :lol:

 

About like me posting Duke should be a #1 seed in the other thread. :D

Miller goes from a waste to Tourney MVP in two weeks.

 

Way to go, Darius!:thumb:

Come on guys, you dont know how much it stung for me to post that :lol:

 

If the bracketology is accurate then the only current #2 seed I could see them taking is Connecticut, or MAYBE UNC. The only problem is that UK has losses to both of those teams, however those were both almost a whole season ago so we shal see.

How come nobody has commented on the huge difference in free throws yet? :sssh: :D

 

Granted, there was a free throw disparity between Kentucky and Florida but these can be attributed to two things IMO.

 

#1 - Late game fouling: Florida was doing this to help give themselves a chance at getting the ball back and getting some scores so I'd attribute at least 8-10 FTs to this.

 

#2 - FG disparity between Florida's guards and big men: Doug Gottlieb brought up something very interesting on the post-game on ESPN about this. He said that Florida's guards shot a combined 38 shots while their bigmen didn't even crack 10 combined. I think that might also attribute to the FT disparity between the teams.

 

Anyways, it definitely feels awesome to repeat as the SEC Tourney Champs. Can't wait to follow this team as they progress through the NCAA Tourney.

How come nobody has commented on the huge difference in free throws yet? :sssh: :D

 

Florida has no one but themselves to blame for the foul shot differencial. They stopped pounding the ball inside and drawing contact. Hard to get to the line when shooting from the perimeter.

We were all super hard on Darius Miller this year, but you have gotta give it for him. He has been absolutely outstanding down the stretch, and now he gets to be SEC Tournament MVP as a recognition of that. Jorts has been huge too.

 

A lot of us thought those close road losses would turn to wins on neutral courts. And that is exactly what happened.

 

DF, you made the two main points that I was goinmg to start with. D, Miller imo has now stepped up and became the leader that I and most of us thought he would be all season. I also agree and cannot say enough about Harrellson, the man goes unnoticed by alot of people, he is not flashy at all. #55 just goes out and does his job night in and night out and works his butt off. This U.K. team would be in huge trouple w/o him, maybe not even in the ncaa tournament. There was NO other inside presence with U.K. ame in and game out.

Everyone stepped up today for what I believe was the best overall game the Cats have played this season. Florida is a good basketball team and the Cats came out and shut them down from the start.

I also have questioned Cal and his "in game" coaching at times this season. I thought the Cats were well very well prepared today and imo the zone was a big key in shutting the Gators down.

Jones played much better today as well. This was a TEAM win. All contributed in this championship.

I hope but I think we get a 3 seed.

 

I think KY should be giddy if they were to still a #2 seed Happy with a #3 seed satisfied with #4 seed and very disappointed with a #5 seed. If I had to guess I would say a 3 or 4 seed and probably should get a #3 seed and Florida a 3 or 4 seed as well.

Florida has no one but themselves to blame for the foul shot differencial. They stopped pounding the ball inside and drawing contact. Hard to get to the line when shooting from the perimeter.

 

Fouls were 22-15. 6 of Florida's were intentional down the stretch (and I'm not even counting the charge on Parsons). Thats 16 on UF and 15 on UK.

Great win! I said a few weeks ago, that I was not to mad after a loss and still had a lot of confidence in this team. They just do a lot of things well that could allow a deep tournament run, and had to figure they would eventually improve at the end of games.

How come nobody has commented on the huge difference in free throws yet? :sssh: :D

 

O.K., There was a huge difference in the number of free throws for U.K. compared to that of U.F..:D

Also, Eddie Munster,jr. was not to happy about it either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.