Kentucky 70 Florida 54

Wildcat Dad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, you dont know how much it stung for me to post that :lol:

If the bracketology is accurate then the only current #2 seed I could see them taking is Connecticut, or MAYBE UNC. The only problem is that UK has losses to both of those teams, however those were both almost a whole season ago so we shal see.

How come nobody has commented on the huge difference in free throws yet? :sssh: :D

Granted, there was a free throw disparity between Kentucky and Florida but these can be attributed to two things IMO.

#1 - Late game fouling: Florida was doing this to help give themselves a chance at getting the ball back and getting some scores so I'd attribute at least 8-10 FTs to this.

#2 - FG disparity between Florida's guards and big men: Doug Gottlieb brought up something very interesting on the post-game on ESPN about this. He said that Florida's guards shot a combined 38 shots while their bigmen didn't even crack 10 combined. I think that might also attribute to the FT disparity between the teams.

Anyways, it definitely feels awesome to repeat as the SEC Tourney Champs. Can't wait to follow this team as they progress through the NCAA Tourney.

How come nobody has commented on the huge difference in free throws yet? :sssh: :D

Florida has no one but themselves to blame for the foul shot differencial. They stopped pounding the ball inside and drawing contact. Hard to get to the line when shooting from the perimeter.

We were all super hard on Darius Miller this year, but you have gotta give it for him. He has been absolutely outstanding down the stretch, and now he gets to be SEC Tournament MVP as a recognition of that. Jorts has been huge too.

A lot of us thought those close road losses would turn to wins on neutral courts. And that is exactly what happened.

DF, you made the two main points that I was goinmg to start with. D, Miller imo has now stepped up and became the leader that I and most of us thought he would be all season. I also agree and cannot say enough about Harrellson, the man goes unnoticed by alot of people, he is not flashy at all. #55 just goes out and does his job night in and night out and works his butt off. This U.K. team would be in huge trouple w/o him, maybe not even in the ncaa tournament. There was NO other inside presence with U.K. ame in and game out.

Everyone stepped up today for what I believe was the best overall game the Cats have played this season. Florida is a good basketball team and the Cats came out and shut them down from the start.

I also have questioned Cal and his "in game" coaching at times this season. I thought the Cats were well very well prepared today and imo the zone was a big key in shutting the Gators down.

Jones played much better today as well. This was a TEAM win. All contributed in this championship.

I hope but I think we get a 3 seed.

I think KY should be giddy if they were to still a #2 seed Happy with a #3 seed satisfied with #4 seed and very disappointed with a #5 seed. If I had to guess I would say a 3 or 4 seed and probably should get a #3 seed and Florida a 3 or 4 seed as well.

Florida has no one but themselves to blame for the foul shot differencial. They stopped pounding the ball inside and drawing contact. Hard to get to the line when shooting from the perimeter.

Fouls were 22-15. 6 of Florida's were intentional down the stretch (and I'm not even counting the charge on Parsons). Thats 16 on UF and 15 on UK.

Great win! I said a few weeks ago, that I was not to mad after a loss and still had a lot of confidence in this team. They just do a lot of things well that could allow a deep tournament run, and had to figure they would eventually improve at the end of games.