Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 99 Augusta 69

Featured Replies

What a fitting ending for a man that has had a great career not only as a player but as a coach. Robin Kelsch's are a dime a dozen and to the community of Augusta I know they realize that. Congratulations Robin on your career and to the Augusta faithful on a nice season and what better way if it had to end than in March and at the regional tournament. A new era to begin with that little jumping jack, spit fire of a coach in Jason Hinson. Augusta is in fine hands with Jason and I wish him the best of luck.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Scott Eagles. I had the pleasure of meeting Kellen Smiths grandparents and his dad. Very nice people.

 

This game went as I think most expected. Scott just too much for Augusta.

 

Also best of luck to Augusta's new coach and Robin Kelsch's adm. position at Augusta.

Scott's very tough defensively and that coupled with Fraysure being injured on like the 3rd play of the game and unable to play it became hopeless early. Only 2 bright spots for the Panthers, Coach Kelsch 3 at the buzzer and Freshman Brent Bach with 19 and several nice assists. I owe somebody on here a mea culpa.

I have been an Official scorer for 25 years and Thursday I did the game where a player fouled and and was allowed back into the game and Friday I saw a Coach make the last basket on the last play of his coaching career. That was the best play he ever drew up. Thanks Robin for the help over the years and good luck in your future job. A Class Act.

I have been an Official scorer for 25 years and Thursday I did the game where a player fouled and and was allowed back into the game and Friday I saw a Coach make the last basket on the last play of his coaching career. That was the best play he ever drew up. Thanks Robin for the help over the years and good luck in your future job. A Class Act.

 

Just when you think you've seen it all...

Is that really a classy move? I dont know the man so I will take your word he is a good guy. I guess I wonder what the reaction would be if a not so great coach who was leaving ran onto the court WITH TIME LEFT and took that shot. Guess you had to be there.....

It was done in good taste and everyone (officials, Scott coaches etc..) impacted knew in advance. The crowd, Scott players were all surprised to see him step out, catch the pass and nail the the three. I know everyone around me was laughing and cheering when he nailed the shot. I'm also thrilled the officials didn't give him a 'T' or anything crazy as it was clearly in fun. Something all the kids can talk about the rest of their lives.

 

Congrats to Augusta on a great year and everyone should be proud of their team. They competed very hard until time expired and just ran into a buzz saw. Hope their crowd shows up tonight to pull for the Eagles. They need all the support they can get against a very tough Clark team. Hopefully, this is our year to get by them.

Kelsch is 1 of a kind. Awesome that he had the confidence to hit the shot.

Kelsch is 1 of a kind. Awesome that he had the confidence to hit the shot.

 

Yep, he was 100% from the field...

The most exciting thing to happen in the game was on the last play when Coach Robin Kelsch stepped out onto the court took a live ball pass from one of his players, and inceremoniously drained a three-pointer to close out his coaching career!

 

Vintage Robin Kelsch!!!!

I hope there is video of this somewhere!

Coach Kelsch ends his career on a very thrilling note. This is only fitting he go out that way!! Great coach, but a better man overall. One of the most classiest guys I've ever met!

Ready to compare notes AndOneDad? Could have won by 50.

For those of you wanting to see a video. I found it on Youtube.

For those of you wanting to see a video. I found it on Youtube.

 

So glad I was there. Thanks for sharing!

Kelsch is 1 of a kind. Awesome that he had the confidence to hit the shot.

 

Confidence in the Kelsch family has never been a problem.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.