Pet Peeves, Rearend chafers, etc.

spindoc

I am soo glad this thread is back up. I have had something bothering me for months but kept thinking nah, I'll just get Das Boot. Well, here goes; I want to know why police cars can drive 10 , 15, and many times 20 miles over the speed limit on the highway without their lights on. If they are in a hurry to get somewhere they should have their lights on. I think if they are on the highway or any road they should have to go the speed limit like everyone else unless they have there lights on.:idunno:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am soo glad this thread is back up. I have had something bothering me for months but kept thinking nah, I'll just get Das Boot. Well, here goes; I want to know why police cars can drive 10 , 15, and many times 20 miles over the speed limit on the highway without their lights on. If they are in a hurry to get somewhere they should have their lights on. I think if they are on the highway or any road they should have to go the speed limit like everyone else unless they have there lights on.:idunno:

I've often heard this but I've never really had an issue with it. If they put their lights on what does it change? They're still driving the same speed.

As long as they're not driving recklessly I'm cool with them driving faster than the rest of us.

- Pull out in front of me, as though you're in a mad dash to get somewhere. Turn off 1/8 of a mile down the road

- Female basketball referees

- Jimmy Dykes, Nancy Pelosi, & Joel Osteen

- People who give their list of top college basketball players of all-time & they include Michael Jordan on the list

- Country music artists

- Guy in the fast lane driving slower than those in slower lanes & yet refuses to switch over to the slower lane(s)

- People who say, "I should of stayed home today" instead of "I should have stayed home today."

- My county's tax-happy, fiscally challenged board of education

- The Bumpus's dogs (that one's for my old man)

- Terrence Jones in the low post

- Rob Zombie (for ruining the Halloween film franchise)

- The overwhelming majority of the Facebook community

- The National Collegiate Athletic Association

- Vampire novels & the authors that pen them

- Me, when I do something really stupid

- Pull out in front of me, as though you're in a mad dash to get somewhere. Turn off 1/8 of a mile down the road

- Female basketball referees

- Jimmy Dykes, Nancy Pelosi, & Joel Osteen

- People who give their list of top college basketball players of all-time & they include Michael Jordan on the list

- Country music artists

- Guy in the fast lane driving slower than those in slower lanes & yet refuses to switch over to the slower lane(s)

- People who say, "I should of stayed home today" instead of "I should have stayed home today."

- My county's tax-happy, fiscally challenged board of education

- The Bumpus's dogs (that one's for my old man)

- Terrence Jones in the low post

- Rob Zombie (for ruining the Halloween film franchise)

- The overwhelming majority of the Facebook community

- The National Collegiate Athletic Association

- Vampire novels & the authors that pen them

- Me, when I do something really stupid

Wow, you've got several...:p

My top one has to be people who don't seem to think "Keep right except to pass" or "Slower traffic keep right" don't apply to them.:rolleyes:

The charging call is my pet peeve. Way too many times the defensive player slides or leans as the offensive player jumps and it still called a charge. In a typical game, 1/3 to 1/2 of the charging calls should not be called charging IMO. If a defensive player gets to the mark , sets his/her feet and doesn't lean to draw the contact then that is great. I enjoy seeing someone tough enough to take the charge and applaud their effort. I don't enjoy the still moving defensive player who somehow gets the charging call.

Out of the four you got one. :thumb: Just messing with ya!

I've often heard this but I've never really had an issue with it. If they put their lights on what does it change? They're still driving the same speed.

As long as they're not driving recklessly I'm cool with them driving faster than the rest of us.

It really can startle the heck out of ya when all of the sudden a police car goes zipping by without warning. Also, I think it lends to the thought that you have to play by the rules buy I don't.

People that walk in the middle of the traffic lane in parking lots, or long ways (down the streat diagnolly) when crossing the street taking forever!!!! That really gets me.

Oh yea and people who walk three wide on the sidewalk when everyone else is single file or double rude....

I hate when your employer doesn't care about the concept of a family and dings you for putting family before work during off hours. I need a new job.

I once had a boss that actually tried to use that against me, by saying "don't you want the best for them"? Told him I did, but that didn't mean I had to drive a Mercedes or live in Triple Crown. He couldn't understand. (Guess that's why he's been divorced...twice!)

I once had a boss that actually tried to use that against me, by saying "don't you want the best for them"? Told him I did, but that didn't mean I had to drive a Mercedes or live in Triple Crown. He couldn't understand. (Guess that's why he's been divorced...twice!)

Pretty much everyone I work with is single or their kids are grown and gone, so they have no issues working ungodly hours. One guy had 100% overtime last year, and we don't get paid overtime. I was talking to the only other person I work with who has kids the other day, and I asked her how they were. Her comment was that she had no clue about her son, because she's pretty much missed his childhood so far, and she's trying not to repeat that with her daughter. However, she's still on that same path. I refuse to let that happen. I enjoy playing with my kids and coaching their sport teams. I'm about to the point where I hope they lay me off during the next round, because it's just putting me in a crappy mood everyday.